Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dansk® Everyday Dinnerware.
Potato salad is an essential dish in the spring and summer months and can be a true crowd pleaser. This light version of homemade Potato Salad with Anchovy Vinaigrette is made with fresh ingredients all around. The light vinaigrette is made from anchovies, olive oil, lemon, garlic, dijon mustard, shallots and apple cider vinegar. It’s so darn delicious and makes the perfect side dish for your barbeque, brunch, or pot luck.
If you are planning to host a spring or summer outdoor dinner, lunch in the garden, picnic, or pot luck then this refreshing and light potato salad recipe is perfect for it. I think it’s a nice touch with the anchovy vinaigrette (if you don’t eat anchovies, the dressing is still tasty without them). I used my new favorite dinnerware collection from Dansk for this meal. They look so classy and the color of the food just pops against it (as does this bright dish). I’ve already plated quite a few meals on this set and every time it makes my food look better.
This Potato Salad with Anchovy Vinaigrette contains fresh vegetables of purple potatoes, yellow potatoes, white potatoes, red potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, fresh parsley and green peas. It’s so nutritious, and filling. Skip the bottled salad dressing, because this anchovy vinaigrette dressing recipe is tangy and flavorful. It’s a refreshing way to top this and other salads. This salad was easy to create but I personally think it looks beautiful with its varying colors, so your dish can be the star of the potluck.
Potatoes are loaded with nutrients including fiber, vitamin C and potassium. Potatoes also free of fat and cholesterol. Green beans are a good source of fiber, potassium, and folate, and are an excellent source of protein, iron, and zinc. Tomatoes are also a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K.
When I am plating food, my goal is to make the food look attractive and appetizing. People eat with their eyes first, so if one of my guests thinks my food looks good I’ve reeled them in and they’re more likely to eat and enjoy. I take pleasure in experimenting with contrasting colors and textures to make the food as appealing as possible. The color of this Raina Smoke Dinner collection from Dansk goes beautifully with dark greens, light greens, blues, white, orange and more. It has a neutral base yet has tones that are unique, something I’d expect from Dansk.
As I mentioned on a previous post, I’ve been a big fan of Dansk for my entire adult life. They always create beautiful designs on cookware, dishes, plates, flatware and serveware. Their dishes are made to last and don’t scratch or chip nearly as much as other brands I’ve used in the past.
This season I wanted to try something new to refresh my dinnerware collections that are mostly light or bright colors. I chose a polished finish and speckled charcoal surface of the Dansk Raina™ Smoke Dinner collection, as its flexible to work in a “country kitchen” feel like I have here, to the look of a modern kitchen with whites and grays. The dinnerware is microwave and dishwasher-safe which makes everything easier and faster for me, big plus! I’ll use bowls and plates ten times more based on those two factors.
I am so happy with my choice from Dansk, it’s completely beyond my expectation. I hope you enjoy this Potato Salad with Anchovy Vinaigrette recipe, please let me know if you try it out!
You can visit Dansk website to check out the Raina Dinner collection.
Potato Salad with Anchovy Vegetables
- 1 pound small rainbow potatoes (red, purple, white, yellow) – washed and rubbed
- ½ pound Haricots Verts (french green beans or green beans)
- ¼ cup fresh peas
- 3 ounces grape tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ⅛ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice add more according to your liking
- 3 anchovy fillets rinsed and minced
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 garlic chopped
- black pepper
- Bring 5-6 cups of water to a boil over high heat. Place potatoes and 1 ½ teaspoons of salt, reduce the water to medium-low and simmer until the potatoes are full cooked or tender for about 15 minutes.
- Whisk oil, dijon mustard, vinegar, fresh lemon juice, a pinch of pepper, a pinch of salt in large bowl. Add chopped anchovies, garlic, shallots, give it a stir and set aside.
- Drain potatoes and green beans thoroughly, drizzle some vinegar and gently toss. Let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, fresh parsley, and green peas. Drizzle with generous amount of anchovy vinaigrette dressing. Serve immediately and enjoy.