A sweet and savory Maple-Roasted Brussels sprouts with pancetta, apple, and sage. This oven-roasted Brussels sprout is the perfect side dish for any weeknight dinner or holiday meal.
Are you looking for delicious holiday side dish recipes? Try this Maple-Roasted Brussels sprouts with pancetta recipe. The brussels sprouts are seasoned perfectly with aromatic fall spices and herbs. It’s a great Brussels sprouts family recipe that anyone will enjoy.
Maple-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Apple Ingredients:
In this recipe, the Brussels sprouts are seasoned with only 3 ingredients; maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and sage leaves. They are cooked together in the oven with Honeycrisp apples and pancetta. Then topped with toasted pecans to add more crunch to the dish.
I love using pecan nuts, apple, sage and maple syrup in the same recipe. They are just so good together. I think, all the ingredients used in this recipe really compliment each other and create a great balance of sweet and savory flavors.
To add sweetness to the Brussels sprouts, I used that combination of Honeycrisp apple and maple syrup. Because the apple is naturally sweet, I only had to add a small amount of maple syrup to the dish.
The cooking process of this Brussels sprouts recipe is so easy. Everything is done in the oven and there is no need to cook the sprouts in the skillet prior to roasting.
Do you have some leftover Brussel sprouts? Try these recipes:
- CRISPY BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BACON AND GARLIC AIOLI
- BRUSSELS SPROUTS SALAD WITH BACON, APPLE, WALNUT, AND PECORINO ROMANO CHEESE
- OVEN ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR AND BACON
- HEALTHY BRUSSEL SPROUTS SALAD WITH SHALLOT VINAIGRETTE DRESSING RECIPE
Brussels Sprouts are one of my favorite leafy vegetables. They are delicious if roasted, boiled, steamed, or microwaved. Brussels sprouts are known for having a bitter flavor but they can have a delicious nutty and sweet taste when cooked properly. In my opinion, roasting is one of the best ways to bring out these wonderful flavors. Brussels sprouts are healthy too as they are high in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, making them a nutritious addition to your diet.
The pancetta used in this recipe adds a nice sweet and salty flavor to the dish. Pancetta is the Italian version of bacon and is made by seasoning a pork belly side with salt and lots of pepper. It’s cured but not smoked. For that reason, pancetta tastes similar to bacon but without the smokey flavor.
I purchased the pancetta at Trader’s Joe. It is all-natural, has been cut in small diced and comes in a 4 oz package. Or you can find a similar product and at Amazon.com
If you can’t find Pancetta in your area feel free to use bacon as a replacement ingredient. I’ve made Brussels sprouts with balsamic and bacon before and it was delicious!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Apple
- 12 oz brussels sprouts (wash, trim and cut in half)
- 1½ Honeycrisp apples (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 3 oz pancetta (small diced)
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 10 large fresh sage leaves (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp salt (use less or more salt according to your liking)
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- pecans (toasted)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F
- In a large mixing bowl, add cut brussels sprouts, pancetta, olive oil, sage leaves, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, Honeycrisp apple, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Spread the brussels sprouts mixture evenly on a large baking sheet.
- Roast in the upper third of the oven, stirring once halfway through roasting until sprouts are brown on edges and tender for about 18-20 minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
- Remove from the heat and serve with toasted pecans.