Hearty and healthy slow cooker vegetable beef soup. A flavor-filled soup, loaded with fresh carrots, celery, onion, potato, green peas, green beans and a tender beef stew meat.
With a simple cooking process but still full of intense flavors, this classic recipe for a slow cooker vegetable beef soup makes the best comfort meal for the whole family. I seared the beef chuck roast for about 5 minutes on each side, cut them into small bite pieces, then tossed those and all other ingredients in a crock pot at the same time. I cooked it on low for 6-7 hours, but a high setting for 4 hours would also work. This slow cooker soup has everything you need to meet your daily nutrition goals, from protein to fiber. It’s so convenient and inexpensive, too. Fresh vegetables are recommended, since most canned veggies are loaded with sodium, preservatives and commonly use BPA lining cans. Feel free to add some carbs into this soup recipe, such as elbow macaroni or barley or extra veggies like fresh/frozen corn. For heartier and healthier result, you could opt for kidney beans as they are a good source of folate, dietary fiber and copper.
This vegetable beef soup recipe is good any time of year, but especially hits the spot in the fall and winter months. I’m always looking for different ways to get my kids to eat vegetables and this is a good recipe to throw in the mix too, as they seem to really enjoy veggies when they’re part of a soup or stew, especially alongside some nice pieces of beef. For those of you who are vegetarian you could omit the beef altogether or replace it with something like beans. I actually tried tempeh instead of beef and it tasted great, especially with the tempeh’s thick and chunky texture.
Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe and Ingredients:
Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef SoupPrint Pin Rate
- 1.5 pounds beef chuck
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1 cup green beans diced
- 1 cup baby potatoes diced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 1 cup celery diced
- 4 cups beef broth low sodium
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup dried onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can 14 oz diced/crushed tomatoes with juice (no sodium added)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Sprinkle the beef chuck roast with salt and pepper.
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil then sear beef chuck roast for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove the beef from the heat and cut into small bite pieces .
- Add beef cubes, carrots, green beans, potatoes, celery, green peas, beef broth, beef bouillon granules, dried Italian seasoning, dried onion flakes, onion powder, parsley flakes, celery seed, ground black pepper, garlic powder, white onion, Worcestershire sauce, diced/crushed tomatoes with juice, and tomato paste into a crockpot then cook for about 6-7 hours on low heat.
- Season with salt/pepper if needed.