I am so excited to introduce you to the closest thing that I have to a sous chef in my kitchen! It is the Dorot line of products, my most clutch ingredient that’s especially helpful on busy days when I’m inspired to cook but don't have time to get fresh herbs from the market. If you are not familiar with Dorot's products, maybe its time for you to visit your local Trader's Joe or Whole Foods to pick up some up, you won’t be disappointed. (Note: the Dorot's product line is located in the frozen food aisle). In this spaghetti squash pasta recipe, I decided to make my own pasta sauce because it's so easy to make with a little help from Dorot's. The pasta sauce recipe is made of real ingredients without adding sugar. This low carb pasta recipe is perfect for those of you who are vegans, and lentils are a great protein source for those of us trying to limit an animal protein consumption. This pasta is so delicious and fresh!
My kids went back to school last month and since we moved into a new area, we have to adjust our time into our new schedules. With my love of cooking, I make meals for my readers and of course for my family. Sounds pretty fun right? It is but it’s also very time consuming, especially without preparation beforehand. Even with when I do plan ahead and think I’m ready, I often end up making two more last minute trips to the grocery store. Getting quality ingredients and having them ready at home makes all the difference. That is why I keep Dorot's products handy in my freezer....always ready when I need to use them. I like how they are easy to use and provide the perfect amount of herbs, no measurement spoons needed and no prep or clean-up! I can spend less time in the kitchen with less effort and stress, which translates to more time to relaxing and spending time with kids.
The Dorot products:
- Crushed Garlic
- Chopped Parsley
- Chopped Basil
- Glazed Onions
- Chopped Dill
- Chopped Cilantro
- Chopped Chili
- Crushed Ginger
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half, remove the seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Drizzle spaghetti squash with olive oil and season with salt/peper
- Roast for about 15-20 minutes , flesh side down
- Cut tomatoes in half, then puree (you may discharge the skin or keep the skin intact)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or dutch oven.
- Add the garlic and quickly saute (do not brown).
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, basil sprig, bay leaf, italian seasoning, salt/pepper.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Cook green lentils (follow the instructions on the product packaging).
- Place spaghetti squash in a pasta bowl, add cooked lentils and marinara sauce.
- Serve and enjoy.