Healthy breakfast recipe, Baked egg muffins with vegetables, cheddar and sausage. Low carb muffins and high in protein. Bake egg cups for 15-20 minutes only.
This Baked egg muffins recipe is loaded with healthy fresh vegetables and protein. It's the perfect healthy breakfast for the whole family. They can be made in advance and frozen for for a day or to out, too.
These baked egg muffins are pretty fun to make. You will not get tired of it because you can always mix and match different ingredients of your choice. This particular egg muffins recipe has zucchini, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, onion, sausage, a bit of cheddar cheese and one egg per muffin.
Baked Egg Muffins
- ½ pound high quality cooked chicken sausage, ( without preservative, nitrate), cut into small pieces .You can also use bulk sausages, please cook according to product package.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup mushrooms, cleaned, chopped
- 12 whole eggs
- ½ cup green bell pepper, , chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, , chopped
- ½ cup zucchini, , chopped
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- In a medium skillet , heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until tender, drain. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F degree. Lightly grease the muffin pan with oil spray or use paper muffin cups.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add mushrooms, fresh veggies, salt, pepper, garlic powder, sausage and cheese.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin cups.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Those baked muffins look like they would be amazing for breakfast. I will have to try making this sometime soon.
Wow, that looks so good. This is perfect for breakfast. I will try making some of this soon.
This looks like a great idea for a school breakfast. I can pop it the oven while the kids get ready! Thank you for sharing.