Chicken Taco Bowls with Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- Cilantro springs, chopped
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Chopped lettuce
- Chopped Avocados
- Grilled corn
- Chopped fresh onion
- Cooked long-grain rice
- Black Beans, preferred unsalted black beans
- Lime Wedges
- Salsa of your choice
- Toss chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, dried oregano, paprika, cumin, sea salt, black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Coat each boneless chicken breast with the spice rub to add flavor quickly, gives meat a savory crust.
- Add chicken breasts/thighs and marinade chicken for at least 30 minutes (or overnight) to prevent chicken from drying out and to boost the flavor
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add chicken breast to pan; cook 4-6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Let chicken rest for about 5 minutes before slicing
- Serve on rice with beans, tomatoes, lettuce, grilled corn, onion, cilantro, lime wedges and salsa