Chicken Taco Bowls with Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- Cilantro springs, chopped
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Chopped lettuce
- Chopped Avocados
- Grilled corn
- Chopped fresh onion
- Cooked long-grain rice
- Black Beans, preferred unsalted black beans
- Lime Wedges
- Salsa of your choice
- Toss chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, dried oregano, paprika, cumin, sea salt, black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Coat each boneless chicken breast with the spice rub to add flavor quickly, gives meat a savory crust.
- Add chicken breasts/thighs and marinade chicken for at least 30 minutes (or overnight) to prevent chicken from drying out and to boost the flavor
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add chicken breast to pan; cook 4-6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Let chicken rest for about 5 minutes before slicing
- Serve on rice with beans, tomatoes, lettuce, grilled corn, onion, cilantro, lime wedges and salsa
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
This recipe looks amazing. I love a good summer taco bowl. Can't wait to try this out.
Oh my goodness this sounds absolutely delicious - I could just imagine tucking into it for a meal soon. x
What a fabulous idea for tacos. We like to order these when we go out--taco salads. Normally I eat the shell. This would be so much better!
Oh yum! I'd love a Mexican meal like this. That combination of seasonings sounds really good.
What I love about tacos is that it's so easy to put together but it's also packed with flavor. You can also choose which meat you want to pair with it, so it's perfect for people like me. This is an awesome recipe, thanks!
So true. I often make Vegan Taco bowl with Tofu
Karlaroundtheworld | Karla
Now that's real food right up there! I love every part of it, the ingredients, the presentation and the recipe sounds very doable!
Home-made taco seasoning? Never knew that you can do your own, thanks for sharing.
I used to buy Taco Seasoning 🙂 not anymore
I love this recipe! Your post makes me want to rush to taco bell, good thing I can make one at home!
My hubby loves Taco Bell!
Nicole Haas Etolen
The food looks delicious! I can't wait to try this recipe, your post is very tempting!
Thank you Nicole!
That looks so good. I could go for one of these right now. I can't wait to make it. I know it will taste great too.
It's a pretty simple recipe and hope you'll enjoy it