Looking for a chocolate brownie recipe from scratch? I think you’ll love this one as it qualifies as an easy brownie recipe with cocoa powder. Brownies are delicious and making them should be quick to make and a stress-free. Take some time and dress your brownie to impress… this one has some homemade strawberry jam as topping that was also fun and quick to make.
Brownies bring some big smiles to my family. My husband goes right for the crispier edge pieces while I like the softer center pieces. Much like banana bread I rotate between making brownies with nuts and brownies without nuts (for this one I opted for no nuts as it has tasteful toppings).
Chocolate Brownie Recipe Homemade Strawberry Jam
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon vanila extract
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F
- GREASE the bottom of an 8 inch baking pan with shortening or cooking spray, then lightly coated with flour.
- In a bowl, microwave semi sweet chocolate and butter for about 30 seconds. Stir until melted.
- Whisk in cocoa powder, mix well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, vanilla and eggs one at a time until combined.
- Whisk melted chocolate and butter. Stir until well combined but do not over-mix.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the brownie on a wire rack for about an hour.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. For this recipe, I used my homemade strawberry jam and a small portion of whipped cream and cherry
That is the heavenliest thing i have seen today. Being a sweet tooth , i am definitely going to try this.
Gosh look at all that chocolate. I will have to try to make this, loving that there is a cherry on top. Your photo makes it look like I can eat it right from the computer screen!
This looks to die for! I have never made brownies from scratch so I should give it a try.
That looks amazing! I swear I want to make them now but I am really trying to practice some self control lol.
These chocolate brownies with homemade strawberry jam on top look so delicious. I am going to have to try this recipe but maybe use homemade blueberry jam on top too. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
My husband and son would flip out with this treat! It looks so decadent and delicious!
This looks absolutely AMAZING!!! I need to try making this! Perfect for a summer dessert!
I got can we say yummy?!?! Definitely need to give your recipe a try! To delicious looking not to!
Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen
My husband and my daughter are big brownie fans! They will love your recipe!
I love the brownies!! The only thing wrong with the recipe is...where do you put the flour in? I'm glad I know when to add it because the written directions leaves it out. ? Just a heads up!!
Hey Brianna thanks so much for the tip, noticed that I put it in as an ingredient but accidentally left it out of the directions. It's now fixed, thanks again for finding that!