Looking for a chocolate brownie recipe from scratch? I think you’ll love this one as it qualifies as an easy brownie recipe with cocoa powder. Brownies are delicious and making them should be quick to make and a stress-free. Take some time and dress your brownie to impress… this one has some homemade strawberry jam as topping that was also fun and quick to make.
Brownies bring some big smiles to my family. My husband goes right for the crispier edge pieces while I like the softer center pieces. Much like banana bread I rotate between making brownies with nuts and brownies without nuts (for this one I opted for no nuts as it has tasteful toppings).
Chocolate Brownie Recipe Homemade Strawberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 350F
- GREASE the bottom of an 8 inch baking pan with shortening or cooking spray, then lightly coated with flour.
- In a bowl, microwave semi sweet chocolate and butter for about 30 seconds. Stir until melted.
- Whisk in cocoa powder, mix well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, vanilla and eggs one at a time until combined.
- Whisk melted chocolate and butter. Stir until well combined but do not over-mix.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the brownie on a wire rack for about an hour.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. For this recipe, I used my homemade strawberry jam and a small portion of whipped cream and cherry