Easy Pineapple Chicken Recipe with liquid amino/soy sauce, garlic, ginger, orange pineapple juice! Quick and easy chicken recipe, perfect for your busy weeknights.
Here’s a delicious, Sweet, Tangy Asian Pineapple Chicken Recipe with simple ingredients. The trademark taste is the stir-fry pineapple chicken, which some may tag as an Asian recipe while others see it more as a true Hawaiian taste. Either way, it’s juicy and mixes perfectly well with the crunch of the bell peppers. I love whipping this up on a busy night, ready within 30 minutes. When I prepare this I often try to make my easy pineapple chicken recipe in a big batch, the flavor holds and may even taste better the next day. Serve it with white jasmine rice.
To marinate, let the chicken breasts sit in a sauce mixture to increase the flavor of the food. Foods usually sit in marinades for at least one hour, or overnight, but for this pineapple chicken recipe, you only need 5-10 minutes. It can be left out at room temperature; otherwise keep in the refrigerator.
Easy Pineapple Chicken Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds breast chicken fillet
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cup fresh red bell pepper, (diced)
- ¼ cup liquid amino /low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Mirin, (you may skip this if you don't have it in your pantry and use 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar instead)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 pieces of garlic, (minced)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, (grated)
- ¼ cup orange pineapple juice, (such as Simply Orange brand)
- 1 teaspoon corn starch, (you may skip this if you don't have it in your pantry)
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil/peanut oil
- Combine liquid amino, mirin, sugar, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger, ¼ cup orange pineapple juice, corn starch in a large bowl
- Cut the chicken breast into small pieces, then marinade with the mixed sauce for 5 -10 minutes
- Heat oil in the wok/frying pan over medium heat, then stir fry chicken until brown, for about 5 minutes
- Pour sauce into wok/frying pan and stir until thickened.
- Add pineapple chunks and your favorite veggies; then cook until tender (for about 5 minutes)
- Serve with jasmine rice
- optional : sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon of dried red chili pepper if you love spicy 🙂
I love recipes made with pineapple. I'm a vegetarian so I will substitute tofu instead of using chicken. Thanks for sharing this yummy looking recipe!
I've not made a stir fry in a long time but man this looks good. I need to go back to making them because they are quick and easy. I love pineapples.
Omg can we say yum?!?! I will definetly be giving your recipe a try!
I just love how simple and delicious this recipe seems to be! I will definitely have to give it a try.
Tanisha @ MamiNeedsCoffee
This looks so good, and with the added bonus that it can be made in 30 minutes! I definitely must try to make this soon.
Oh one of my favorite dishes. Pineapple and chicken is so good together.
Yum, this is one of our favorites! I love the sweet and savory flavor combo.
Oh. My. Yum! This sounds incredible!
Yummm... Looks so delicious! I would love to try out your recipe! Thanks for sharing!
OMG. Drooling over here. Like, full on drool. This look SO awesome for a weeknight dinner that packs a punch. Can't wait to try it out!