Quick and easy Instant Pot Ham with Orange Glaze. It's the one of the most classic holiday meals, especially as a Christmas dinner.
This Instant Pot Ham with Orange Glaze is easy to put together and quick to make. It's also made with simple ingredients that can be easily adjusted with additional spices to your liking.
About This Instant Pot Ham with Orange Glaze
The ham is so moist and the homemade orange glaze really adds nice flavor, color, and texture to the ham.
Please keep in-mind that my glaze uses less sugar than most other recipes, so if you like things to be sweeter you can just double up the amount of honey and brown sugar.
When using less sugar the hints from the orange are stronger which some prefer. When increasing the sugar the taste shifts more to that brown sugar flavor (also known as brown sugar glaze). Both are great, it's really just a matter of preference (and I personally shift between the two based on who I'm cooking for).
Orange-Glaze for Ham
This homemade orange glaze use a combination of sweet, fruity, and pungent ingredients. The combination of flavors really complement the salty flavor of the ham.
It is so simple and delicious. It's made from basic ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge and pantry.
Here's the list of ingredients you'll need:
- Orange juice
- Light brown sugar
- Dijon mustard
If you would like to add spices to your glaze, you can use ginger powder, ground nutmeg, ground all-spice, ground cinnamon, or ground cloves or a combination of all.
How Long Do You Cook a Ham in the Instant Pot?
Most ham sold in the U.S. is cured and fully cooked. For that reason, you only need to warm it up in an Instant Pot for about 2 - 2½ minutes per pound of meat.
Instant Pot Ham with Orange Glaze Cooking Steps:
Step 1. Combine All Orange-Glaze Ingredients
Add orange juice, honey, brown sugar, and dijon mustard into the pot. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Step 2. Add Ham
Place a trivet inside the inner pot of pressure cooker then place the ham on the trivet. If you don't have a trivet, you can place the ham straight into the pot.
Step 3. Cook at High Pressure
Secure the lid and cook at high pressure for 2 minutes per pound. Once the cooking cycle is completed, wait for 15 minutes before releasing the remaining pressure.
Step 4. Make Orange Glaze
Remove the ham and trivet from an Instant Pot. Turn on the "Sauté" setting, cook the sauce for about 5 minutes or until thickened and darkened.
Step 5. Pour the Glaze Over The Ham
Pour the glaze over the ham. Serve and enjoy. If crispness is desired, you can broil the glazed ham in the oven for a few minutes until ends are caramelized and crispy.
How to Store Leftover Ham:
Put leftover ham in an airtight container. Properly stored, it lasts 3-4 days in the fridge or 1-2 months in the freezer.
Also, check out these tasty main dish recipes:
- ROASTED HALF CHICKEN
- CHINESE ROASTED CHICKEN
- CHICKEN SHAWARMA (OVEN-ROASTED + INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS) - WITH VIDEO 🎥
- ROASTED CORNISH HEN (WITH MIXED VEGETABLES)
- AIR FRYER WHOLE CHICKEN (NO OIL OR BUTTER IS ADDED)
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below! I'd appreciate it.
Instant Pot Ham with Orange Glazed
- 3-4 pounds fully cooked boneless ham
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Place all orange-glaze ingredients in an instant pot. Stir to combine and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Place a trivet inside the inner pot of pressure cooker. Place ham on the trivet. Pour some of the glaze over the ham. Pressure cook on high for 2 minutes per pound. Once the cooking cycle is completed, do natural release for 15 minutes. Remove the trivet and transfer the ham to a plate.
- Turn on the "Sauté" setting, cook the sauce for 5 minutes or until thickened and darkened.
- Pour the glaze over the ham. Serve and enjoy.
- If crispness is desired, you can broil the glazed ham in the oven for a few minutes until ends are caramelized and crispy.