Instant Pot Lamb Stew with Apricots recipe. The best lamb stew ever! It’s so hearty and comforting. It’s a one-pot meal with simple ingredients, perfect for any weeknight or special occasions. This delicious lamb tagine is made without flour or butter.
This instant pot lamb stew is the perfect comfort food on a chilly evening. I’m proud of how this recipe comes out, I think it will be a keeper and atop your recipe list for lamb stew!
Tender Morrocan Lamb Stew:
The tender lamb meat will fully melt-in-your-mouth, and the broth has a deep and rich flavor This one-pot meal of instant-pot lamb stew is loaded with hearty and healthy ingredients, perfect for any weeknight or special occasions.
This lamb stew is not a traditional stew but don’t worry because you only need simple ingredients that you can easily find in your pantry: cinnamon, coriander, salt, black pepper, ginger, turmeric also some fresh ingredients of: boneless lamb leg, beef broth, onion, garlic, tomato paste, fresh ginger, and also dried apricots.
This Instant Pot Lamb Stew with Apricots recipe is fast and easy but is packed with slow-cooked flavor and tenderness. Make this stew using instant pot and you will spend less time in the kitchen and it can be ready in about 45 minutes. This lamb stew contains no flour and no wine, but the sauce has a great consistency. If you have some leftover lamb meats, be sure to try these Slow Cooked Lamb Ragu Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks recipes.
Speaking of red wine, people often use it as a component in a stew. The following Instant Pot Lamb Stew with Apricots recipe does not, so you can just enjoy your glass of Decoy Merlot as a pairing instead of as an ingredient, yum!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Instant Pot Lamb Stew with Apricots
- 3 pounds lamb leg - boneless cut into stew-bite size
- 1 ¾ cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (add more according to your liking)
- ¾ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whole dried apricots
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the lamb until browned for about 5 minutes per batch. Set aside.
- Turn the instant pot setting to "Saute", add oil, garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add chopped onion and cook for about 30 seconds. Add cinnamon stick, coriander, black pepper, salt, turmeric, ground ginger, grated ginger, salt and ground cinnamon. Keep stirring until fragrant for about 15 seconds.
- Add browned lamb leg cubes into the instant pot. Stir for a few seconds.
- Add dried apricot, cinnamon stick and the broth, turn off the "Saute" setting, close the lid and set to "Manual" for about 35 minutes.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Serve the lamb stew immediately with rice.