A potato gnocchi recipe is a fun way for me to give my family a classic Italian dish and mix it up from the pasta meals that we eat so often.
There are many types of gnocchi dumplings from egg to flour to cheese, but I cook most often with the common potato gnocchi. I love how tender they get when cooked properly, delicious!
Depending on how much kale and chard you add this dish could get very healthy.
You could easily load up this recipe with more veggies like bell peppers, olives or chopped mushrooms and still have the delicious sauce, gnocchi and cheese on every bite... a little can go a long way!
Potato Gnocchi Recipe with Prosciutto and Kale
Easy one skillet potato gnocchi with fresh vegetables and homemade tomato sauce. Simple ingredients, you can find right from your pantry.
- 1 pound gnocchi, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, to stir fry the gnocchi
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 oz prosciutto, (use more according to your liking)
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups kale/chard
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add gnocchi, cook and keep stirring for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in the skillet and cook the prosciutto for about 2 minutes. Add onion and cook until tender for about 5-7 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for a quick 30 seconds, then add fresh kale and cook for another 1 minute.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning and broth, then bring to a simmer until the sauce has thickened. Stir in gnocchi and sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Cook for 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
This recipe looks amazing! I love gnocchi and I love what you did with it. I think this one pot dish would make a perfect winter dinner.
This looks like exactly the meal you want to cuddle up with in the winter! And, it is impressive looking! I can't wait to give it a try.
Hi Ali, yes there's just something about a nice warm Italian dish in the winter time! Gnocchi has become kind of a comfort food for me. In the colder months I sometimes throw in a little extra cheese, while in the warmer months I tend to use more veggies.
potato gnocchi with prosciutto and kale.recipe sounds amazing. I would love to try making this dish because it looks delicious and healthy. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
potato gnocchi with prosciutto and kale looks and sounds amazingggg. wow.
That looks colorful, healthy and delicious. It's a different recipe than what I am used to, but I would love to try it.
Mmm that looks fantastic! I have never used gnocchi before and can't wait to make this now.
Your potato gnocchi with prosciutto and kale looks mouthwatering! I don't remember the last time I ate gnocchi, so have to make them againg asap!