These slow cooker spiced nuts make the perfect holiday snacks or gifts for any nut lover! They are so easy to make and only require 7 basic seasoning ingredients.
Learn how to make spiced nuts in a slow cooker. This spiced nuts recipe is so simple and so much easier than the stovetop or oven method. You just need to dump all ingredients in a mixing bowl or in a slow cooker, mix, and slow cook!
These spice mixed nuts will make a great holiday gift, too! It looks festive and shows some personal thought went into it. Almost every family has at least a couple of nut lovers, so this will hit the spot!
In just 2 hours, these mixed nuts are ready to eat after a big meal or to snack on throughout the day. The spiced nuts can be stored up to 5 days in an airtight jar but around my house, they usually last less than a day.
I have always loved candied walnuts and candied pecans, but after eating a handful or two you can easily surpass your sugar intake for the day.
This spiced nuts recipe serves as a great alternative to most of the others you'd find online as it has one-quarter of the sugar compared to most others.
Spiced Nuts Ingredients:
- Mixed nuts - roasted, unsalted
- Cayenne pepper - skip if you don't like spicy food
- 100% pure maple syrup
- Kosher salt
How to Make Spiced Nuts in a Slow Cooker:
Step 1. Mix all ingredients
Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl or in a slow cooker. Stir to combine.
Spread the mixed nuts evenly on the bottom of the crock-pot.
Step 2. Slow Cook at High Heat
Turn on the slow cooker and select "High" heat for an hour.
Slow cookers are not all made the same, If you are afraid the nuts will get burnt, you can stir every 20-30 minutes within the first hour and add about 2 tablespoons of water each time if necessary.
Step 3. Slow Cook at Low Heat
Continue cooking at low heat for another hour. Be sure to keep stirring every 20 minutes, until the nuts are glazed.
Step 4. Let the Nuts Harden Together
Turn off the heat, remove the lid and let the nuts harden together in a slow cooker. Or, you can transfer the nuts to a large parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Let them cool completely then store in an airtight container.
Nuts are a great way to enjoy a healthy snack, and they are actually linked to lower cholesterol. With protein, fiber, and the right kind of unsaturated fats, nuts are one of just a handful of healthy snack items.
Snacks around Christmas and New Years' are key as there’s always family around, and having a few bowls out makes everyone feel more welcome. Also, my family loves college football and watching all of the bowl games, so it goes without saying that there’s a lot of food and drinks consumed during game-days!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below! I'd appreciate it.
Slow Cooker Spiced Nuts Recipe
- 4 cups mixed nuts (such as cashew, pecan), (roasted, unsweetened, unsalted)
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp ground all-spice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1¼ tsp cayenne pepper, (add more according to your liking)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup, (add more according to your liking)
- 3 tbsp butter, (unsalted, melted)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients above.
- Spray the bottom of the crock-pot with cooking spray. Spread the mixed nuts evenly on the bottom of the crock-pot. Cook on high heat for about 1 hour. Turn the heat to low, keep stirring every 20 minutes, until the nuts are glazed for about 1 hour.
- Turn the heat off, uncovered, and let the nuts harden. Serve immediately or store in an airtight jar for up to 5 days