Looking for chicken breast recipes? Try this creamy and juicy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Breast, can be served with pasta. One of my favorite quick dinner recipes, the lean protein cooked in a creamy sauce, made with basil, sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, spinach, half and half, and chicken broth.
This Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Breast recipe is a great source of protein.
Chicken breast without the skin is a great lean protein source and a low-fat food to help burn extra calories for effective weight loss. Each half of chicken breast has more than 22 grams of protein and 2.5 grams of fat. This skillet chicken breast recipe cooked with sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, they provide a great amount of lycopene (about 25 milligrams per cup) that could lower the risk of cancer, provide vitamin C, K, Iron, and other essential nutrients.
This one-pan skillet chicken topped with the flavorful creamy sauce without flour and butter. To make a creamy sauce, I added 1 cup of chicken broth and ½ cup of half and half with fresh basil, Italian seasoning, reserved olive oil from sun-dried tomatoes product, salt, and pepper to taste. I also added about 6 cups of fresh spinach leaves for extra nutrients! You can go wrong with this sun-dried tomato chicken recipe!
How to Serve this Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Breast:
You can serve with or without pasta. If you decide to add pasta into this, you can simply add cooked pasta into the cream sauce, stir quickly and serve immediately. Warnings: if you cook the pasta in salted boil water, you may not need to add extra salt in your cream sauce.
Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Breast with Cream Sauce Recipe:
Sun-dried tomato recipes are something I really enjoy making and sharing. To be honest, I used to just have them atop pizzas but soon noticed that the powerful taste from that small ingredient can completely change the taste of an entire dish. I’m always looking for bright color combinations in my dishes, and it usually results in dually taste combinations that are equally as pleasing. On that note, I probably use spinach in over half of my sun-dried tomato recipes.
With some foods that are jarred in oil, I thoroughly wash them to reduce salt and other ingredients that I need to keep a close eye on. Sun-dried tomatoes are an exception for me. I really like the tomato taste of the oil, and it’s much less unhealthy than other foods jarred in oil. Please do feel free to wash the oil off if that better suits your taste and diet, or to just buy them fresh from your grocery store or co-op.
Sun Dried Tomato Chicken with Creamy Sauce
- 2 chicken breasts, , halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, (squeeze out the oil) - use more according to your liking
- 2 tablespoons oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- 10 basil leaves, , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, , minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup half and half
- salt/black pepper to taste
- 5-6 cups spinach leaves
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Cook chicken breast about 6 minutes on both sides (chicken will not be cooked through). Remove the chicken breasts from the heat and set aside. In the same skillet over medium-low heat, stir in garlic and cook until fragrant. Add some sun dried tomatoes without oil. Stir for about 10 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, oil from sun-dried tomatoes, italian seasoning and chicken back to the skillet, simmer and covered for about 4 minutes.
- Stir in half and half, spinach and basil and simmer, uncovered for about 2 minutes. Make sure chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Season with black pepper or salt to taste.
- Serve immediately.