Creamy, garlicky and so delicious! This white sauce pasta is the ultimate weeknight dinner for the whole family. It’s a quick one-pot meal that tastes amazing and is very easy to make. The pasta is soaked in with a homemade creamy white sauce that’s infused with herbs and spices.
If you are looking for easy pasta recipes for dinner then this recipe is for you. This creamy garlic white sauce pasta is perfect for any occasion. The pasta dish is made from scratch and cooked in one pot.
There is no reason to purchase a jar of store-bought pasta sauce! This homemade white sauce tastes better and is freshly made with a taste that is cheesy, garlicky, and creamy.
The pasta has the perfect amount of white cream sauce. It tastes good by itself or with toppings of your choice. For that reason, feel free to add some protein or vegetables to accompany this dish, such as peas, chicken, ham, bacon, sausages, shrimp or other seafood.
White Sauce Pasta Ingredients:
This quick and easy pasta recipe is made with just a handful of ingredients; pasta, garlic, butter, all-purpose flour, heavy cream, basil, Italian seasoning, nutmeg, salt, and parmesan cheese.
In this recipe, I used spiral pasta, Gemelli as the main ingredient. However, any type of pasta like spaghetti, fettuccine, penne, linguini, rigatoni or farfalle will also work great.
Check Out More Pasta Recipes:
- GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP SCAMPI PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS
- CREAMY PASTA SAUCE RECIPE WITH FUSILLI & SAUSAGE
- ITALIAN SAUSAGE PASTA WITH CHARD RECIPE
- BUTTERNUT SQUASH PASTA SAUCE
- CREAMY LEMON CAPER SAUCE CHICKEN PASTA
- POTATO GNOCCHI RECIPE WITH PROSCIUTTO & KALE
- DELICIOUS ROASTED CAULIFLOWER LEMON PASTA
- SPAGHETTI SQUASH PASTA WITH LENTILS AND HOMEMADE MARINARA SAUCE
- SEAFOOD PASTA WITH GARLIC AND SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
Homemade Creamy Garlic White Sauce for Pasta:
This creamy garlic sauce is a white sauce variety that is quite similar to Bechamel and Alfredo sauce. It’s a homemade sauce made of butter, flour, chicken broth, heavy cream and seasoned with fresh garlic, dried basil, dried Italian seasoning, a pinch of nutmeg, cayenne pepper and salt. The pasta tastes delicious with or without parmesan cheese.
If you are not a big fan of heavy cream or don’t have it in your fridge, feel free to use milk as a replacement ingredient.
Check Out these Noodles Recipes:
- TAINAN NOODLES (4-INGREDIENTS ASIAN NOODLES)
- SPICY SICHUAN NOODLES
- SINGAPORE NOODLES (XING ZHOU MI FEN)
- SWEET POTATO NOODLES (KOREAN JAPCHAE)
- SESAME NOODLES (MA JIANG MIAN)
- SPICY THAI NOODLES – QUICK AND TASTY!
- MINCED PORK NOODLES WITH HOISIN SAUCE
How to Make Creamy Garlic Pasta:
The cooking process of this creamy garlic pasta is pretty quick and easy. Here’s how I make this pasta dish:
- First, I cooked the pasta until al dente according to the product instructions.
- Second, I cooked the sauce base. This process should take less than 10 minutes.
- Third, I added the cooked pasta, parmesan cheese into the pan and stirred to combine. Then serve and enjoy.
You can keep leftover pasta in the fridge for 2-3 days or store in the freezer for 2-3 months.
I hope you’ll enjoy this recipe. Don’t forget to come back to review and share this recipe 🙂
White Sauce Pasta
- 12 oz dried pasta (such as Fusilli, Penne, Rotelle, Gemelli, Torchio, Rotini)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 head of garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream or milk
- a pinch of nutmeg (add more according to your liking)
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp dried basil (add more according to your liking)
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning (add more according to your liking)
- ½ tsp salt (add more according to your liking)
- ⅓ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (lightly packed)
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Follow the cooking instructions on the product packaging.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and stir until fragrant for about 30 seconds. Do not burn.
- Add all-purpose flour, cook, stirring constantly, until well combined and smooth.
- Add chicken broth, heavy cream, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, basil, Italian seasoning, and salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and enough sauce to cover the pasta. Taste and adjust seasoning with extra spices if needed.
- Turn off the heat then add pasta, stir to coat.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese until melted. Adjust seasoning with extra salt or cheese if needed.
- Serve with freshly chopped parsley and enjoy!