Here’s another brunch recipe to try this weekend. Simple Breakfast Potatoes Skillet with Kielbasa Sausage, green bell peppers, yellow onions, fresh corn, and seasoned with chipotle pepper, coriander, salt and black pepper.
Who doesn’t love simple breakfast recipes? I do, that’s for sure! Learn how to make breakfast skillet with these simple ingredients and easy seasoning. This hearty Breakfast Potatoes Skillet with Kielbasa Sausage recipe is just perfect to start your morning or to even have for dinner! It’s a one pot meal, loaded with good carbs, protein, veggies and delicious seasoning.You can easily add or substitute the veggies, or use bacon to add extra flavor to this dish.
For this skillet breakfast recipe I only used a simple seasoning mix because Kielbasa sausage is pre-seasoned. This polish sausage comes in a few varieties (such as beef or pork), smoked, and flavored with garlic, pimento and cloves. It’s a very tasty and versatile smoked sausage.
To cook this breakfast potatoes skillet, you can use any heavy skillet or cast iron skillet.
I often use Kielbasa in main dish recipes like soups, stews, sandwiches, casseroles or as a simple appetizer. Kielbasa sausages (or any pre-cooked sausage) is the perfect protein ingredient because they require less cook time and less preparation. The corn adds the perfect sweetness into this Breakfast Potatoes Skillet with Kielbasa Sausage dish and is a good companion for green peppers, because they are less sweet and slightly more bitter than yellow or orange peppers.
Have leftover sausages? They’ll be perfect for this popular Creamy Tortellini Soup with Kielbasa and Spinach, right in time for winter or try this Sausage Breakfast Skillet with Potatoes and Vegetables
A hearty breakfast recipe that is loaded with potatoes, sausage, and veggies.
- 2 medium white potatoes diced
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped kielbasa sausage
- 1/2 cup of corn
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or use more according to your liking)
- a pinch of black pepper
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon chipotle pepper ground
- optional chives to serve
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and add yellow onion; cook until fragrant. Add white potatoes, then cook until it’s lightly browned on the edges for about 15 minutes.
- Add fresh corn, give a stir for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add Kielbasa sausage and bell pepper, keep stirring for about 3 minutes.
- Season with chipotle pepper, coriander, salt and pepper. Adjust the seasoning accordingly.
Remove from the heat, serve on a plate, sprinkle with chives and enjoy!