Breakfast Potatoes Skillet with Kielbasa Sausage

Breakfast Potatoes Skillet with Kielbasa Sausage
Spread the love
  •  Yum

Here’s another brunch recipe to try this weekend. Simple Breakfast Potatoes Skillet with Kielbasa Sausage, green bell peppers, yellow onions, fresh corn, and seasoned with chipotle pepper, coriander, salt and black pepper.

Breakfast Potatoes Skillet with Kielbasa Sausage

Who doesn’t love simple breakfast recipes? I do, that’s for sure! Learn how to make breakfast skillet with these simple ingredients and easy seasoning. This hearty Breakfast Potatoes Skillet with Kielbasa Sausage recipe is just perfect to start your morning or to even have for dinner!  It’s a one pot meal, loaded with good carbs, protein, veggies and delicious seasoning.You can easily add or substitute the veggies, or use bacon to add extra flavor to this dish.

Breakfast Potatoes Skillet with Kielbasa SausageFor this skillet breakfast recipe I only used a simple seasoning mix because Kielbasa sausage is pre-seasoned. This polish sausage comes in a few varieties (such as beef or pork), smoked, and flavored with garlic, pimento and cloves. It’s a very tasty and versatile smoked sausage.

To cook this breakfast potatoes skillet, you can use any heavy skillet or cast iron skillet.

Breakfast Potatoes Skillet with Kielbasa Sausage

I often use Kielbasa in main dish recipes like soups, stews, sandwiches, casseroles or as a simple appetizer. Kielbasa sausages (or any pre-cooked sausage) is the perfect protein ingredient because they require less cook time and less preparation. The corn adds the perfect sweetness into this Breakfast Potatoes Skillet with Kielbasa Sausage dish and is a good companion for green peppers, because they are less sweet and slightly more bitter than yellow or orange peppers.

Breakfast Potatoes Skillet with Kielbasa Sausage

Have leftover sausages? They’ll be perfect for this popular Creamy Tortellini Soup with Kielbasa and Spinach, right in time for winter or try this Sausage Breakfast Skillet with Potatoes and Vegetables

5 from 7 votes
Breakfast Potatoes Skillet with Kielbasa Sausage
Prep Time
10 mins
Cook Time
20 mins
Total Time
30 mins

A hearty breakfast recipe that is loaded with potatoes, sausage, and veggies.

Course: Breakfast
Author: rika agustini
Ingredients
  • 2 medium white potatoes diced
  • 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
  • 1/2 medium yellow onion chopped
  • 1 cup chopped kielbasa sausage
  • 1/2   cup of corn
  • 1/4 teaspoon coriander
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt (or use more according to your liking)
  • a pinch of black pepper
  • 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon chipotle pepper ground
  • optional chives to serve
Instructions
  1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil and add yellow onion; cook until fragrant. Add white potatoes, then cook until it’s lightly browned on the edges for about 15 minutes.
  2. Add fresh corn, give a stir for about 2-3 minutes.
  3. Add Kielbasa sausage and bell pepper, keep stirring for about 3 minutes.
  4. Season with chipotle pepper, coriander, salt and pepper. Adjust the seasoning accordingly.
  5. Remove from the heat, serve on a plate, sprinkle with chives and enjoy!

Spread the love
  •  Yum

candy
    Oct 12, 2018 at 9:57 am

We do something like this all the time but we usually make it on a sheet pan. So simple and so easy. Everyone loves this type of dish.

Amber Myers
    Oct 12, 2018 at 10:26 am

Yum, what a perfect breakfast. Actually, I’d eat it for any meal. I just love sausage and potatoes and could eat them any time of the day.

Tomi C
    Oct 12, 2018 at 11:28 am

Love breakfast skillets and I’ve learned the trick to a tasty breakfast skillet with potatoes is to dice the potatoes in nice pieces so they cook quickly.

Liz Mays
    Oct 12, 2018 at 11:43 am

This breakfast should be a real people pleaser! I like all of the veggies and the kielbasa must add some nice flavor.

Sarah Bailey
    Oct 12, 2018 at 12:23 pm

This sounds like an amazing way to kick off the day! Full of delicious flavours and something that is really going to keep you going till lunch! I need to try and make it for myself.

Jenn
    Oct 12, 2018 at 1:13 pm

We love trying new breakfast dishes. This skillet looks wonderful. I love a good hearty mix like this, I bet the sausage gives it a tasty flavor.

Pam
    Oct 12, 2018 at 3:10 pm

We make something similar to this in the fall. It’s such a hearty breakfast and the entire family enjoys it. I have to try your version now!

Terri Steffes
    Oct 12, 2018 at 6:17 pm

This looks so good. I love one pan dinners. I want to spend my time reading, not cleaning!

Vyjay Rao
    Oct 13, 2018 at 7:15 am

This looks like a complete meal. A power breakfast that will ensure you are ready for a long day ahead. The nice thing is it packs in lots of energy and is healthy too.

Jona Shares
    Oct 13, 2018 at 11:40 am

I guess I will make this hearty recipe to hubby next week. Lately, he is so stressed with his training and I guess he would be surprised if I make something special for him.

Catalina
    Oct 13, 2018 at 12:17 pm

What a wonderful day starter! I love to make breakfast for the whole family and this dish would be perfect!

sara lafountain
    Oct 13, 2018 at 12:49 pm

This looks like such a delicious breakfast, and full of protein! Anything with potatoes is great for my breakfast.

Sara Welch
    Oct 13, 2018 at 6:12 pm

This is an awesome breakfast to start the day. I would not complain if someone made this for me!

Rachel
    Oct 13, 2018 at 8:24 pm

This looks so good. I would love to have something like this for breakfast. I need to go shopping!