This air fryer hash browns recipe is so delicious and filling. It is the perfect side dish to accompany sunny eggs, bacon, steak, or sausages. An easy breakfast meal to prepare on busy mornings and will help you skip the drive-thru.
Air fryers can do more than just deep-frying. This air fryer hashbrowns dish is a must-try air fryer recipe that will prove the versatility of your air fryer, you can cook such a wide variety of dishes with it.
Air Fryer Hash Browns - The Ingredients
This air fryer hashbrowns recipe is made of frozen hashbrowns, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, paprika, onion, chili powder, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
The chili powder packs a lot of flavors. It's one of my favorite spice blends to use as it adds a kick to a dish without getting too spicy.
How to Cook Hash Browns in an Air Fryer
The cooking process of this air fryer hashbrowns recipe is pretty simple. There is no need to thaw out the frozen hashbrowns.
You just need to dice the vegetables, throw all of the ingredients in the basket, add seasoning, stir, then air-fry it.
As always, it's recommended to stir or shake the basket to make sure that the food is evenly cooked.
Step 1. Preheat the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
Step 2. Mix the Ingredients
- Place the frozen shredded hashbrowns, diced bell peppers,oil, onion, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in the air fryer basket.
- Stir the mixture with a spatula until well combined.
Step 3. Air Fry the Hash Browns and Veggies
- Cook the mixture for about 20-25 minutes or longer until you reach your desired level of crispiness.
- Shake the basket halfway through to ensure the air is able to reach all food surfaces.
- Check the seasoning, adjust with salt and black pepper if necessary.
FAQ and Cooking Tips
Yes, you can. Make sure that you soak the freshly grated potatoes in cold water for 20 minutes then dry them well before cooking. You also need to reduce the cooking time to 10 minutes.
First, cool the leftover hashbrowns to room temperature but no longer than two hours. Transfer the leftover to an airtight container, properly stored, it can last 3-5 days in the fridge or 4 months in the freezer.
Check Out More Tasty Air Fryer Recipes
- Learn How to Cook Frozen Shrimp Tempura in an Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Fish Sticks
- Air Fryer Calamari
- Learn How to Cook Tilapia in an Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
Check Out More Easy Breakfast Recipes
Air Fryer Hash Browns
- an Air Fryer
- 1 pound frozen shredded hashbrowns
- ¼ cup olive oil , (please see the notes below)
- 1 medium onion, (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper, (diced)
- 1 green bell pepper, (diced)
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- black pepper, (to taste)
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Place all of the ingredients in the air fryer basket. Stir to combine. Cook for 20 minutes and shake the basket halfway through.
- Open the basket and check the doneness. If it's not ready, shake the basket and cook it for another 3-5 minutes or until you reach your desired level of crispiness.
This looks colorful and delicious - all I need right now for an easy breakfast. Thanks for sharing!
These air fryer hashbrowns are calling my name. Love all the peppers and onions in them.
We had these hashbrowns with breakfast this morning and they were amazing! I can't wait to make them again!
It sounds like a great plan, Jessica!
These came out absolutely perfectly! Will never make another way - thank you.
I am glad to hear that, Kris! Thanks for sharing your feedback.
This is the best way to eat hash browns!