This tasty chicken honey soy sauce recipe is so simple. A marinade of honey, soy sauce, green onions and garlic give this dish to new levels. Easy dinner meal for the family!
The chicken thigh is a very underrated meat. It’s possibly my favorite part of the chicken, though it is often overshadowed by the breast these days. I love the flavor of the thigh, and pairing it with a few of folks’ favorite ingredients makes this one of my most popular chicken dishes. Garlic, soy sauce and honey are all solid components of a marinade, and combined with a bit of turmeric and coriander really ups this dish to new levels. It is so simple, yet just might please you and your family or guests to become a regular in your meal rotation. It did for me! The sweetness is just right, and balances well with the soy sauce. I’m a garlic fan through and through and love the hints of it in the taste of this dish. Enjoy!
Chicken Honey Soy Sauce
- Marinate the chicken with all of the above ingredients for at least 30 minutes to 3 hours (or overnight), and keep refrigerated.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Cook chicken for 2 minutes on a grill pan, skin-side down and top with green onions.
- Reduce to medium heat, continue cooking skin-side down for about 8-10 minutes, until fat renders and skin is golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken to oven and cook for another 8 minutes (uncovered).
- Flip chicken; continue cooking for about 5 minutes, until meat is cooked through.
- Place chicken on a plate to cool off for about 5 minutes before serving.