This tasty chicken honey soy sauce recipe is so simple. A marinade of honey, soy sauce, green onions and garlic give this dish to new levels. Easy dinner meal for the family!
The chicken thigh is a very underrated meat. It’s possibly my favorite part of the chicken, though it is often overshadowed by the breast these days. I love the flavor of the thigh, and pairing it with a few of folks’ favorite ingredients makes this one of my most popular chicken dishes. Garlic, soy sauce and honey are all solid components of a marinade, and combined with a bit of turmeric and coriander really ups this dish to new levels. It is so simple, yet just might please you and your family or guests to become a regular in your meal rotation. It did for me! The sweetness is just right, and balances well with the soy sauce. I’m a garlic fan through and through and love the hints of it in the taste of this dish. Enjoy!
Chicken Honey Soy Sauce
- 4 chicken thighs with skin on
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of ground coriander
- Pinch of black pepper
- Marinate the chicken with all of the above ingredients for at least 30 minutes to 3 hours (or overnight), and keep refrigerated.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Cook chicken for 2 minutes on a grill pan, skin-side down and top with green onions.
- Reduce to medium heat, continue cooking skin-side down for about 8-10 minutes, until fat renders and skin is golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken to oven and cook for another 8 minutes (uncovered).
- Flip chicken; continue cooking for about 5 minutes, until meat is cooked through.
- Place chicken on a plate to cool off for about 5 minutes before serving.
Seriously had to hold back from licking my screen (don't judge me!!!). This recipe looks good. Chicken is by far one of my favorite things to cook and I'm always looking for fun ways to make it. Thanks for this recipe!!!
It looks and sounds so good and healthy! I can't wait to try it!
Krystal @ Sunny Sweet Days
That sauce looks really delicious. Chicken thighs used to be my favorite to grill. So flavorful!
This left my mouth water,absolutely cannot wait to try it.But oh god,that plate is gorgeous.May I ask where did you buy it from?The recipe made my mouth water,and the plate made my eyes sparkle.
I purchased the plate from Target. You can go online and type in your zip code. I believe it's an older stock, limited quantity.