Garden Fresh Salad with Grilled Chicken and Buttermilk dressing. A healthy recipe that will provide a good amount of fiber and protein to your low carb diet plan. If you are looking for healthy lunch recipes, this easy simple salad recipe is for you!
A complete lunch kit, made of fresh ingredients: corn, green beans, tomatoes, lettuce and red onion, served with grilled chicken breast and creamy buttermilk salad dressing that will add a tangy kick to it. It’s packed with nutrients and has a high water content, so this crisp salad will help you feel full for a longer period of time than many other salads out there.
How to Make Garden Fresh Salad with Grilled Chicken and Buttermilk Dressing:
I served this garden fresh salad with juicy grilled chicken breast. I cut the chicken breast in half and I seasoned the chicken lightly with olive oil, salt/pepper and poultry seasoning. Then, I marinated in the fridge for at least 15 minutes and cooked it on a stove grill pan.
While serving I drizzled some of my homemade buttermilk dill salad dressing with greek yogurt over the top which tastes great and helps for presentation, too.
Garden Fresh Salad with Grilled Chicken and Buttermilk DressingPrint Pin Rate
- 2 cups chopped fresh lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped green beans
- 1/4 cup chopped sugar plum or cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup fresh corn (or use thawed frozen corn)
- sliced red onion
- grilled chicken breast (cut into small bite pieces)
- buttermilk salad dressing (click here to view the buttermilk salad dressing recipe)
Grilled Chicken Breast:
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning (optional)
Cook the Chicken Breast:
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush both sides of chicken evenly with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 10 minutes and cut into small bite pieces. Set aside. Optional: You can also marinate the chicken with poultry seasoning, cover and put in the fridge for 15 minutes before cooking.
To build the Salad:
- In a salad bowl or large platter, mix chopped lettuce, green beans, tomatoes, corn, and red onion. Add the chopped grilled chicken breast into the salad and drizzle with buttermilk dill dressing.
- Use less or more ingredients according to your liking.