Easy Gnocchi with sage brown butter sauce recipe. This pasta dish recipe is delicious, made of simple ingredients, and very quick to make! The sage brown butter sauce is so flavorful, you can eat gnocchi with the sauce alone, or add some bacon, peas and mushrooms as I did to spice up the bowl with added flavors and colors. I used pre-made gnocchi to shorten the cooking time. The sage brown butter sauce recipe is adapted from Mario Batali… it’s so good!
Gnocchi sage brown butter sauce recipePrint Pin Rate
- 8 oz Gnocchi
- 2-3 strips Uncooked Bacon
- 1 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 cup Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 8 leaves Fresh Sage
- 1/2 Fresh Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Peas
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Salt/Pepper to tase
- Soak the dried porcini mushrooms in a cup of boiling water for about 30 minutes, until it softens. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, cook gnocchi in salted, boiled water over medium heat. Cook according to the packaging. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium-low heat, melt the butter and continue cooking until golden brown. Add sage leaves and cook for about 1-2 minutes, remove from the heat. Add lemon and set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, saute the bacon until golden. Add garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add mushrooms and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour drained gnocchi into the skillet. Shaking the pan occasionally to turn the gnocchi, cook until they are lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add peas and cook for about 1-2 minutes. Gently pour the sage butter into the pan and season with salt/pepper. Add the cheese and toss to coat. Remove from the heat and serve immediately.