Tasty Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter Sauce

gnocchi sage brown butter sauce recipe

Easy Gnocchi with sage brown butter sauce recipe. This pasta dish recipe is delicious, made of simple ingredients, and very quick to make!  The sage brown butter sauce is so flavorful, you can eat gnocchi with the sauce alone, or add some bacon, peas and mushrooms as I did to spice up the bowl with added flavors and colors. I used pre-made gnocchi to shorten the cooking time.  The sage brown butter sauce recipe is adapted from Mario Batali… it’s so good!

gnocchi sage brown butter sauce recipe

Gnocchi sage brown butter sauce recipe
Prep Time

• 1/2 Fresh Lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup Peas
  • 1/4 cup Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
  • Salt/Pepper to tase
Instructions
Preparation:
  1. Soak the dried porcini mushrooms in a cup of boiling water for about 30 minutes, until it softens. Drain and set aside.

2. In a large pot, cook gnocchi in salted, boiled water over medium heat. Cook according to the packaging. Drain and set aside.

Cooking Process:
  1. In a medium skillet over medium-low heat, melt the butter and continue cooking until golden brown. Add sage leaves and cook for about 1-2 minutes, remove from the heat. Add lemon and set aside.

2. In a medium skillet over medium heat, saute the bacon until golden. Add garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add mushrooms and saute for 2-3 minutes.

3. Pour drained gnocchi into the skillet. Shaking the pan occasionally to turn the gnocchi, cook until they are lightly browned, about 2 minutes.

4. Add peas and cook for about 1-2 minutes. Gently pour the sage butter into the pan and season with salt/pepper. Add the cheese and toss to coat. Remove from the heat and serve immediately.

• Reply Alli Smith Feb 10, 2017 at 2:36 am

The sage brown butter sauce sounds amazing! My husband would love for me to make this for him. It’s a beautiful dish and looks delicious.

• Reply Rebecca Swenor Feb 10, 2017 at 3:08 am

This gnocchi with sage brown butter sauce recipe sounds delicious. I have never had a dish like this before but would love to try it for sure. It looks so good and I know it would be something my family would love to try. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

• Reply Christy Maurer Feb 10, 2017 at 6:00 am

I love gnocchi! It is just such a comfort food! This sauce sounds delicious. I’ve only had gnocchi in soup, so I’ll have to try this!

• Reply Valerie Gray (@valmg) Feb 10, 2017 at 6:58 am

Gnocchi is one of my favorite carbs ever! I love it with plain butter, adding bacon in there sounds good right now.

• Reply Katie Kinsley Feb 10, 2017 at 7:34 am

This looks like one filling gnocchi dish! I bet the mushroom gives is a really earthy flavor and the sage really makes it pop!

• Reply kage2015 Feb 10, 2017 at 8:36 am

I have only ate gnocchi in soups but this really makes my taste buds want some.

• Reply Dawn McAlexander Feb 10, 2017 at 5:59 pm

That would be a great meal for us tonight for supper. I think this recipe looks super tasty. Time for me to try it.

• Reply Jasmine Eclipse Feb 10, 2017 at 9:15 pm

I love gnocchi! My mom used to make it for us all the time. This recipe sounds so delicious!

• Reply NYC Single Mom (@NYCSingleMom) Feb 11, 2017 at 1:59 am

I think this looks like a perfect meal. I am going to test it out on the teen this weekend. She likes gnocchi and it has bacon so we shall see.

• Reply Annemarie LeBlanc Feb 11, 2017 at 4:28 am

Delicious! I make gnocchi my self, but then I pour Alfredo sauce over them and top it with crunchy bacon bits. I will try your recipe. The sage brown butter sauce looks good.

• Reply Chubskulit Rose Feb 11, 2017 at 5:38 pm

I have never tried making gnocchi although I love it. An italian friend of mine always makes it and give me some.

• Reply Anosa Feb 12, 2017 at 5:28 pm

This is nice and would only take an hour to prepare and finish. I think i will give this a try. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

• Reply Ricci Feb 12, 2017 at 6:58 pm

I have just recently discovered gnocchi. I love it and this sounds like a great recipe!

• Reply Emily Feb 12, 2017 at 8:57 pm

Yum, this looks delicious! It is a new dish for me to try!

• Reply everydayeyecandy Feb 13, 2017 at 11:51 am

I have never tried gnocchi! I have always wanted to make it, but i’ve only recently become adventurous in my cooking. Thank you for the recipe!

• Reply Agnes Feb 13, 2017 at 6:15 pm

Thats the prettiest plate of gnocchi I have ever seen. Yummy!

• Reply Dawn Gibson-Thigpen Feb 13, 2017 at 10:02 pm

wow this looks so pretty. i love gnocchi it is so yummy to me. that sage brown butter sauce sounds delish.