This anchovy pasta with capers recipe is both simple and delicious! It's the perfect pasta dish to make for midnight dinner or when you are on a budget.
If you are looking for an easy pasta recipe to make for dinner tonight, try this anchovies pasta. It's seafood pasta that can be ready in about 20 minutes and without breaking your wallet. The pasta is loaded with umami flavors, absolutely delicious.
Anchovy Pasta with Capers
This anchovy pasta is made of anchovy fillets, capers, garlic, olive oil, red chili pepper flakes, and parsley. The cooking process is pretty easy and done at low heat.
Garlic and anchovies are the most important parts of this dish. I used garlic to make the oil for the pasta. The garlic oil adds a nice flavor and aroma to the dish. So addictive!
Ingredients and Variations
Anchovy fillets: These tiny and silvery fish come from the Mediterranean and Southern European coasts. They are mixed with oil and sold in cans or jars.
Capers: They are salt-packed or brined. You need to rinse them before use. Capers add a lemony and salty flavor to dishes.
You can use green olives instead of capers in the pasta.
How to Make Anchovy Pasta
Step 1. Prepare the Ingredients
- Rinse, drain, and roughly chop the anchovy fillets.
- Rinse and drain the capers.
- Slice the garlic.
- Chop the parsley.
Step 2. Cook the Spaghetti
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti until al dente. Reserve about ¼ cup of pasta water for later use.
Step 3. Make Your Own Garlic Oil
In a skillet, bring the garlic and oil to a boil over low heat. Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until the garlic is golden in color. Remove the garlic from the oil, and set it aside.
Step 4. Cook the Anchovy Sauce
In the same skillet, stir in the anchovies, and capers. Stir for about 30 seconds on low heat, then add parsley, and red chili pepper flakes then stir for a few seconds.
Step 5. Add Noodles and Parmesan Cheese
Stir in the cooked pasta, sliced garlic, and parmesan cheese. If the pasta is too dry for your liking, add a few tablespoons of pasta water into the mixture until the desired consistency is achieved. Toss well to coat.
FAQ and Cooking Tips
You can use any long pasta such as linguine, bucatini, or trenette.
You can store the leftover cooked pasta in an airtight container. The leftover will last 3-5 days in the fridge or up to 2 months in the freezer.
Put the leftover cooked pasta in a shallow baking dish, cover with foil, then bake it for 15-20 minutes at 350°F. You can also reheat the pasta with a small amount of water, covered, in a microwave for 30-60 minutes, or in a skillet over medium-low heat.
Check Out More Pasta Recipes
- Pasta with Mussels
- Easy Canned Clam Pasta
- Squid Pasta with Marinara Sauce
- Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- Instant Pot Penne Pasta
- Bratwurst Pasta
- One-Pot Penne Pasta
- White Sauce Pasta
- Canned Tuna Pasta
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below! I'd appreciate it.
Anchovy Pasta with Capers
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 2 oz anchovy fillets, (rinsed and roughly chopped)
- 1½ tablespoons capers, (rinsed and drained)
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, (sliced)
- red chili pepper flakes
- freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, bring 2-3 quarts of water plus ½ tablespoon of salt to a boil. Cook the spaghetti until al dente. Reserve about ¼ cup of pasta water for later use.
- In a skillet, bring the garlic and oil to a boil over low heat. Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until the garlic is golden in color. Remove the garlic from the oil, set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir in the anchovies, and capers. Stir for about 30 seconds on low heat. Add parsley, and red chili pepper flakes (optional) then stir for a few seconds. Add pasta, sliced garlic, shredded parmesan cheese, and a few tablespoons of pasta water if the pasta is too dry to your liking until the desired consistency is achieved. Toss to combine.