This creamy carrot soup is a perfect fall soup recipe to keep you healthy and warm. I added my favorite curry powder to the recipe to boost the flavor, you may skip if you don't like curry. The light creamy soup recipe has a lot of healthy ingredients and is also free of heavy cream and butter. You can enjoy a guilt-free second bowl.
Healthy Curried Carrot Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, my favorite is Nutiva brand
- 1 ½ cups onions, chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 cups peeled carrots, diced
- ¼ cup fire roasted diced tomatoes
- ½ tablespoon curry powder
- 6 oz coconut milk, full fat
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium high heat
- Add onion, saute for about 4 minutes
- Add garlic and ginger and saute for another 2 minutes
- Add diced carrots, roasted tomatoes, curry powder and saute for 1 minute
- Add vegetable stock and coconut milk, reduce the heat and simmer until carrots are very tender for about 15 minutes
- Remove from the heat and transfer to the blender, puree
- Transfer the soup back to the pot, add seasoning of simple salt/pepper to taste and bring to a boil for a smoother flavor
- Turn off the heat and serve soup with your favorite toppings.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!