This creamy carrot soup is a perfect fall soup recipe to keep you healthy and warm. I added my favorite curry powder to the recipe to boost the flavor, you may skip if you don't like curry. The light creamy soup recipe has a lot of healthy ingredients and is also free of heavy cream and butter. You can enjoy a guilt-free second bowl.
Healthy Curried Carrot Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, my favorite is Nutiva brand
- 1 ½ cups onions, chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 cups peeled carrots, diced
- ¼ cup fire roasted diced tomatoes
- ½ tablespoon curry powder
- 6 oz coconut milk, full fat
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium high heat
- Add onion, saute for about 4 minutes
- Add garlic and ginger and saute for another 2 minutes
- Add diced carrots, roasted tomatoes, curry powder and saute for 1 minute
- Add vegetable stock and coconut milk, reduce the heat and simmer until carrots are very tender for about 15 minutes
- Remove from the heat and transfer to the blender, puree
- Transfer the soup back to the pot, add seasoning of simple salt/pepper to taste and bring to a boil for a smoother flavor
- Turn off the heat and serve soup with your favorite toppings.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I don't even know where to start with this! It looks so good and I am never even tried to make something like this before I have all the ingredients so I am totally going to try to make this. You are making me drool.
I have had curried pumpkin soup before but never curried carrot soup. What a fun flavor combination this is.
I have not tried curried carrot soup before but does look really delicious
This curried carrot soup recipe sounds delicious. We love soups during this time of year and I have never made a curried carrot soup before so this will be a great treat for us. Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe.
This curry soup sounds amazing! I will have to try to make it since I have never had curry before.
What an amazing soup! I think the ingredients sound so nice. I'd love to do this with a spicy curry powder.
Creamy pumpkin soup is so good! We have a pumpkin palooza every year where we cook all these pumpkin based foods - i think I am adding this to the list 🙂 btw what lens do you use?
Aisha Kristine Chong
This honestly look so delicious! I have to try this out - like seriously! 🙂 Do this for pumpkin - never on carrots but I got to see what it taste like!
This looks absolutely delicious! I love the simplicity of it. It sounds like it packs a lot of flavor
Seattle Travel Blogger
This looks like a great soup recipe. We have been using coconut oil more often in our everyday lives also.
My dad and my husband put coconut oil in their coffee even.