This kale cabbage salad has more health benefits than those you’ll find in a standard iceberg lettuce salad. Cruciferous vegetables like cabbage are very rich in nutrients including vitamins C, K, E, five, carotenoids and glucosinolates. The Glucosinolates are a huge help in fighting off cancer, so I am all about eating as much cabbage, watercress, broccoli, kale and other cruciferous vegetables.
Healthy and vibrant salad. Support detoxification and high in vitamin A carotenoids, vitamin C, folic acid.
- 1 package (8 oz) tempeh I bought the product from local Trader's Joe and it's precooked (ready to eat, unseasoned)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- salt/black pepper to taste
- 1 cup kale chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 1 cup green cabbage shredded
- 1 cup radicchio shredded
- 1/2 avocado chopped (use less or more according to your liking)
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate seeds use less or more according to your liking
Cut tempeh into small pieces and season with cumin powder, curry powder, salt/black pepper
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium high heat and cook tempeh for about 3-5 minutes or until brown. Set aside
Combine together the fresh kale, cabbages, radicchio, pomegranate, avocado and tempeh in a salad bowl.
Serve with Sesame Salad Dressing