This kale cabbage salad has more health benefits than those you'll find in a standard iceberg lettuce salad. Cruciferous vegetables like cabbage are very rich in nutrients including vitamins C, K, E, five, carotenoids and glucosinolates. The Glucosinolates are a huge help in fighting off cancer, so I am all about eating as much cabbage, watercress, broccoli, kale and other cruciferous vegetables.
Kale Cabbage Salad with Sesame Dressing
Stir Fry Tempeh
Kale Cabbage Salad
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup radicchio, shredded
- ½ avocado, chopped (use less or more according to your liking)
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate seeds, use less or more according to your liking
- Cut tempeh into small pieces and season with cumin powder, curry powder, salt/black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium high heat and cook tempeh for about 3-5 minutes or until brown. Set aside
- Combine together the fresh kale, cabbages, radicchio, pomegranate, avocado and tempeh in a salad bowl.
- Serve with Sesame Salad Dressing