Easy creamed spinach, the perfect side dish to accompany a hot or cold entree. This Keto creamed spinach is keto-friendly and low carb. It's made with fresh baby spinach, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese and is lightly seasoned with aromatic shallots, garlic, salt, and pepper.
This Keto Creamed Spinach Casserole is the perfect addition for any meal, year-round. It can be served as an appetizer or a side dish, and although it tastes great it's easy and quick to make, even for the beginner cooks. This side dish can be ready in about 15 minutes. Also check out another great recipe, KETO salad: KOREAN SPINACH SALAD RECIPE (SIGUEMCHI NAMUL)
How to Make Keto Creamed Spinach:
This creamed spinach is cooked in a skillet over a stovetop. First, you need to melt the butter. Second, you need to add the seasoning ingredients: shallots and garlic. Third, you need to heavy cream, cream cheese, salt, and pepper to make the sauce. Fourth, add the fresh baby spinach and parmesan cheese and continue cooking until the spinach leaves are wilted.
How to Store Leftover Keto Creamed Spinach:
You can make this creamed spinach ahead of time, and if properly stored, the cooked spinach will last up to another 5 days in the fridge.
What to Serve with Cheesy and Creamy Spinach:
My favorite food item that pairs perfectly with creamed spinach is pan-seared salmon. You may also serve the spinach side dish with any meat dishes or use it as a dipping for a party appetizer.
Creamed Spinach Ingredients Substitution:
This creamed spinach recipe called for heavy cream as one of the main ingredients. For a non-dairy option, you may use coconut milk or even almond milk instead of heavy cream. If you decide to use almond milk, you may need to add flour to thicken the sauce since almond milk is mostly water and has a thin consistency.
Spinach is low in carbs. One cup of cooked spinach contains 7 grams of carbs with 4 grams of fiber. Therefore, this creamed spinach recipe is the perfect addition to your low carb diet or keto.
Vegetables That Kids Love
All too often I hear about kids that don't like vegetables at all and therefore never eat them. There's no more important food for your body and they help your brain and body on so many levels. I am a huge fan of adding vegetable and salad recipes to your rotation that kids will love. For those that are dead set against eating veggies you can start with recipes like this that have some other taste elements too (but still let the vegetable taste shine). If all goes well they'll soon be asking for vegetable dishes by name and have a new appreciation for how good they taste.
Easy Keto Creamed Spinach
- 2 pounds fresh baby spinach
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, (lightly packed)
- ½ teaspoon salt, (use more according to your liking)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, (use more according to your liking)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat and cook shallots, garlic until fragrant for about 2 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, cream cheese, salt, and pepper, stir and bring it to a simmer for about 2-3 minutes. Be sure to stir constantly until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Add spinach and parmesan cheese. Cook until the spinach is wilted for about 5-7 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and enjoy immediately with your favorite meals.