Try this Keto spinach salad recipe. This Korean Spinach Salad is one of the basic Korean vegetable side dishes and is traditionally served with a Korean meal (like Chapchae, Kimbap, Bibimbap, or this Asian bowl). The seeds are always toasted before serving for a boost of flavor.
Why You'll Love This Korean Spinach Salad:
- It's a low carb side dish or salad
- It's made without sugar
- It's also a Keto-friendly salad
This salad is also easily customizable. You can use less or more ingredients according to your taste. For example, if you are worried about the sodium content, just use low sodium soy sauce instead of regular soy sauce.
It's an easy way to prepare your favorite vegetable (spinach) and so quick to make. This Siguemchi Namul can be served alone or pairs well with grilled BBQ meat for Bibimpap.
Korean Spinach Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- Sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- Soy Sauce
- Optional: salt
Warning: Be sure to cut the spinach into small bite-size pieces for your child before serving to prevent choking.
Check out other Korean recipes on my blog, This Korean chicken recipe is very flavorful and easy to make. Or try on this recipe:
This Korean side dish is also the perfect easy food idea for a summer picnic, easy to pack, and store in your cooler to take on the road or to the park.
Korean Spinach Side Dish Nutrition:
- Spinach is a superfood loaded with tons of nutrients, and low-calorie and when you eat spinach that has been heated, you will absorb higher levels of vitamins A and E, protein, fiber, zinc, thiamine, calcium, and iron (source Vegetarian Times).
- Sesame Seeds Benefit the Heart & Lower Cholesterol. High Source of Cholesterol-Lowering Phytosterols, and are an excellent source of copper, a very good source of manganese, and a good source of magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, molybdenum, and selenium.
Pair This Korean Spinach Salad With:
- Kalbi-Korean BBQ Flanken Short Ribs
- Gochujang Sweet Spicy Korean Chicken
- Best Pork Tenderloin Stir Fry
- Korean BBQ Wings
- Korean JapChae
- Korean Cucumber Salad
- Korean Bean Sprout Salad (Kongnamul Muchim)
- Bulgogi Taco
- Beef Stir Fry with Gochujang
Korean Spinach Salad Recipe (Siguemchi Namul)
- 8 ounces fresh spinach
- 4 cups water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons soy sauce
- 1½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt, (optional)
- Wash the spinach thoroughly under running cold water. Rinse twice and cut the root ends of spinach.
- Boil 4 cups of water on high heat in a large pot. Blanch the spinach for 30 seconds.
- Remove the spinach from the heat and rinse in cold water a couple of times. Squeeze out excess water from the spinach with hands.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add minced garlic, green onion, soy sauce, sesame oil, and sesame seeds. Add salt according to your liking. Add spinach and mix well.