9.3K 29 4
Try this light spinach salad recipe. This Korean Spinach Salad is one of the basic Korean vegetable side dishes and traditionally served with a Korean meal (like chapchae, kimbap, and bibimbap). The seeds are always toasted before serving for a boost of flavor.
It’s an easy way to prepare your favorite vegetable (spinach) and so quick to make. The classic spinach salad that pairs well with grilled meat.
This Korean Spinach Salad is also the perfect easy food idea for a summer picnic, easy to pack, store them in your cooler to take on the road or to the park.
Spinach is a super food loaded with tons of nutrients, low-calorie and when you eat spinach that has been heated, you will absorb higher levels of vitamins A and E, protein, fiber, zinc, thiamine, calcium, and iron (source Vegetarian Times). Also, make sure to cut the spinach into small bite size pieces for your child before serving.
Sesame Seeds Benefit the Heart & Lower Cholesterol. High Source of Cholesterol-Lowering Phytosterols, and are an excellent source of copper, a very good source of manganese, and a good source of magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, molybdenum, and selenium.
Check out another Korean recipe on my blog, Gochujang Sweet Spicy Korean Chicken. This Korean chicken recipe is very flavorful and easy to make.
Korean Spinach Salad Recipe (Siguemchi Namul):
- 8 ounces fresh spinach
- 4 cups water
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1½ teaspoons soy sauce
- 1½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- teaspoon Optional : 1/4 salt
- Wash the spinach thoroughly under running cold water. Rinse twice and cut the root ends of spinach
- Boil 4 cups of water on high heat in a large pot. Blanch the spinach for 30 seconds
- Remove the spinach from the heat and rinse in cold water a couple of times. Squeeze out excess water from the spinach with hands.
- In a medium mixing bowl : Add garlic clove, green onion, soy sauce, sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- Add salt according to your liking
- Put the spinach into the bowl and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!
9.3K 29 4