Orange Pineapple Protein Smoothie

Orange Pineapple Protein Smoothie Turmeric Powder Bob's Red Mill Vanilla Nutritional Booster

Looking for healthy smoothie recipes? Try this Anti-inflammatory Smoothie, Orange Pineapple Protein Smoothie with Turmeric Powder and lemon. It has probiotics and prebiotic fiber, and no added sugar.  It is also a protein smoothie that will keep you fueled during your summer activities and offers a ton of health benefits: immune system support strengthened bones and does wonder for the eyes and skin. It can help with digestion and If you are looking for a meal replacement smoothie, snack, or just a post-workout recovery drink then look no further.

One of the main key ingredients of this Orange Pineapple Protein Smoothie is Bob’s Red Mill Vanilla Nutritional Booster, a plant-based wholesome protein powder with an excellent source of protein (20g per serving), fiber, probiotic and prebiotic fiber. It’s also gluten free, vegan, a good source of omega-3, and iron. Bob’s Red Nutritional Booster is becoming my new favorite protein powder because it’s easy to blend in shakes and smoothies like this one and enhances the taste, whereas many other protein powders detract from (or completely ruin) the taste of a drink.  To add to that, with other powders you have to drink it right away after blending and even then it doesn’t break down that well or take to the other ingredients, which then contributes to that chalky taste sensation that I personally dread.  Bob’s Red Mill products are very different in that they break down to a better consistency.  It comes down to the ingredients, which brings up another huge differentiator in that Bob’s Red Nutritional Booster uses Monk fruit as a natural sweetener.  Delicious!

This may very well be the best tasting smoothie I’ve ever made and I’m confident that most of you will love it.  Picking the right booster is essential, as is making sure you choose a ripe pineapple.  To do so, tune in with your senses: smell the pineapples and choose the one that has a sweet scent.  It should be heavier than others of similar size, as those are juicier.  Squeeze them to find the one that is just firm enough, and of course look at the pineapple’s color.

This is the latest of many turmeric recipes that I’ve posted and will continue to post.  The more I learn about its benefits the more I’ve blown away.  Depending on the amount of turmeric you add it can bolster the taste of an entire dish or, as is the case with this smoothie, just give it a slight hint of flavor.  My son is not a huge turmeric fan (yet), but he drank this smoothie down and asked for more.  On that note, this is a kid-friendly smoothie and can be easily modified around someone’s preferences.

SAVE $3 ON ANY BOB’S RED MILL NUTRITIONAL BOOSTER!

Bob’s Red Mill coupon

Orange Pineapple Protein Smoothie Recipe:

5 from 7 votes
Orange Pineapple Protein Smoothie with Turmeric Powder and Bob's Red Mill Nutrition Booster
Prep Time
5 mins
Cook Time
5 mins
Total Time
10 mins

Course: drink
Servings: 2
Ingredients
  • 1 cup Pure Orange Juice (no sugar added)
  • 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
  • 1 teaspoon Tumeric powder (add more according to your liking)
  • 2 scoops Bob's Red Mill Vanilla Nutritional Booster
  • 1/2 medium-large size lemon , juiced
  • 1 cup pineapple chunks
Instructions
  1. Put all the ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend for about 15 or 20 seconds and serve.

5 from 7 votes
Orange Pineapple Smoothie without Protein Powder
Servings: 4
Ingredients
  • 1 cup Pure Orange Juice no sugar added
  • 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon Tumeric powder add more according to your liking
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1 cup pineapple chunks
  • optional honey
Instructions
  1. Put all the ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend for about 10-15 seconds.

2. Add honey if needed.

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

Sarah Honey
    Jun 30, 2017 at 5:20 am

This sounds delicious! We make a smoothie for breakfast every morning. I’ll have to check out this new powder to add to them.

Katie Kinsley
    Jun 30, 2017 at 8:36 am

I didn’t know that Bob’s made protein powders. I’m using something off of Amazon because it is rather cheap to buy in bulk, but then I’m limited to only one flavor.

Cheryl
    Jun 30, 2017 at 8:37 am

I had no idea Bob’s Red Mill made a protein powder. I think I would definitely try the chai.

Cherri Megasko
    Jun 30, 2017 at 9:27 am

I love smoothies for breakfast and have used protein powders in the past. But I had no idea there was such a variety of nutritional additives available. I’ll definitely have to look into these when I’m back in the States.

Betty Boiron
    Jun 30, 2017 at 2:35 pm

I also had no idea Bob’s Red Mill made protein powder and especially not a chai flavored one (I love all things chai). Plus, I love the combination of orange and pineapple so I have no doubt that I would really enjoy this recipe.

Patty @ Spoonabilities
    Jun 30, 2017 at 3:01 pm

These look like great protein powders! I’ve really been getting into smoothies – they are such a good way to get in fruits & veggies.

rika agustini
      Jun 30, 2017 at 3:03 pm

I think you’re going to love this protein powder. Very easy to blend!

Jenny
    Jun 30, 2017 at 4:02 pm

Bob’s Red Mill makes protein powder?! I had no idea! Also, that smoothie sounds absolutely delicious, I’m definitely going to look into making one!

Angelic Sinova
    Jun 30, 2017 at 8:36 pm

That Orange Pineapple Protein Smoothie looks super delicious. Pineapple is my go-to summer fruit (it’s just so yummy) and I’m always looking for new pineapple drink recipes. I can’t wait to try this out.

Rebecca Swenor
    Jul 1, 2017 at 3:58 am

Bob’s Red Nutritional Booster products I have not heard of before but they sound amazing. The orange pineapple protein smoothie with turmeric powder I will have to try making for sure. My sons will love this smoothie and the Bob’s Red Nutritional Booster products which are gluten free. Thanks for sharing the products and the smoothie recipe.

Sue Reddel
    Jul 1, 2017 at 5:03 am

I had no idea that Bob’s Red Mill made protein powder. We love their flour mixes. Thanks for the tip!

Olivia Douglass
    Jul 1, 2017 at 5:18 am

We love Bob’s Red Mill products and pineapple so I need to try this. Thanks for sharing this wholesome recipe, I need to make this for my busy days!

TIm B
    Jul 1, 2017 at 6:28 am

I really like mixing pineapple juice with orange juice because it reduces the drink’s acidity. Nice idea to use this combination in a protein drink.

Claudia Krusch
    Jul 1, 2017 at 6:41 am

I am always looking for ways to get more protein into my diet. This smoothie looks delicious. I will have to pick up some Bob’s Red Mill Vanilla Nutritional Booster to try.

Maurene Cab
    Jul 1, 2017 at 8:48 am

Sounds like a healthy, refreshing, and delicious smoothie! I’d love to try this. It has a lot of nutritious benefits.

Jenn Mitchell
    Jul 1, 2017 at 10:46 am

Smoothies are something I am trying to incorporate more in my diet. I need to give this one a try!

Kita Bryant
    Jul 1, 2017 at 11:03 am

I am familiar with Bob’s because of a friend of mine who adores the products. I’ve never heard of this though! I will have to see if she’s aware of this product through them! Yum!

Jenn @ EngineerMommy
    Jul 1, 2017 at 11:41 am

I love a good smoothie in the mornings. The combo of orange and pineapple sounds absolutely scrumptious. I like that you added turmeric too!

Patty @pattysaveurs.com
    Jul 2, 2017 at 1:23 am

This smoothie looks so delicious, the addition of turmeric is an awesome idea. I didn’t know that Bob’s Red Mill makes protein powder, I’ll certainly try your recipe 🙂

Silvia
    Jul 2, 2017 at 3:53 am

I loooove your photos and this smoothie. 😀

Julia @ Happy Foods Tube
    Jul 2, 2017 at 5:04 am

I love your photos. They are beautiful. Wish that smoothie was on my table right now! 🙂

Bintu - Recipes From A Pantry
    Jul 2, 2017 at 5:55 am

That vanilla nutrition booster sounds like a great thing to have in your kitchen.

Laura
    Jul 2, 2017 at 7:50 am

I was not aware of this brand, thank you for introducing it to me. I will check it out, sounds very healthy

Agnes
    Jul 2, 2017 at 9:30 am

I usually don’t like to add protein powder to my smoothies but I may give it a shot. Your smoothies looks delicious!

Debra J Hawkins
    Jul 2, 2017 at 9:39 am

I love that these powders are gluten free! I am always looking for a great protein powder that won’t make me sick!

A Busy Bees Life - Sheri
    Jul 2, 2017 at 11:14 am

I really love trying new products and I love smoothies because they are delicious and so filling. I have not tried orange-pineapple, and I wish we had these products available here in Austria.
    Sheri – http://www.abusybeeslife.com

Rebecca | Let's Eat Cake
    Jul 2, 2017 at 12:11 pm

This looks so refreshing and delicious!

Pineapple Ginger Lime Mango Detox Drink
    Jul 5, 2017 at 8:27 am

[…] it out, hope you like it! Also check out my newest recipe: Anti-inflammatory Orange Pineapple Protein Smoothie, a tasty smoothie with a great amount of protein and other health […]