This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCAN #CollectiveBias
A simple braised beef short ribs recipe is one that I can get ready in just 20 minutes, then cook. If I’m using a slow cooker it can cook for 9 hours, or braise in the oven for 3+ hours. Either way that gives me lots of time to focus on other things like getting decorations up, cleaning the house and trying to figure out what the heck to get everyone for their holiday presents.
Also check out: INSTANT POT BEEF SHORT RIBS – BONELESS!
We are lucky in that we had a Walmart grocery market open up close by, where I picked up some fresh produce for the meal like carrots, onions and celery sticks. Especially in the slow cooker these are great to mix in with the ribs. While at Walmart I also purchased Hunt’s Tomato Paste, which is from vine-ripened tomatoes and gives the thick and rich taste. The taste goes so well with the broth, wine and herbs that I add to this dish. I also add Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes, which are peeled using their steaming process that’s free of chemicals. These tomatoes have a nice brisk taste, and like the other veggies add texture to the recipe.
Here are a few reasons I love this recipe:
- Kids like short ribs as the meat is moist and tender,
- No mess! You could even buy pre-diced carrots, onions and celery sticks
- Flexible list of ingredients. If you are be missing some of the ingredients below or want to add in others not mentioned it will likely still taste great.
- Leftovers taste just as good. I think they taste even better as they’ve soaked in the flavors more. Just scrape off the fat and re-heat at 300 F covered in aluminum until it’s warm enough to eat.
- No sides needed.You have your veggies in cooked alongside the meat (add more as desired).
- By using these ConAgra products and other ingredients like fresh produce, dinner can be simple and delicious!
Find more easy to make recipes that are perfect during the holidays by visiting Yes You Can Recipes!
Follow Hunt's on social media :
You can find Hunt's products at Walmart (Tomato Sauce, Canned Food Aisle)
Easy Braised Beef Short Ribs Recipe
- 2 lb Short Ribs
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 medium-sized Onions - chopped
- 2 Celery Sticks - chopped
- 3 medium-sized Carrots chopped
- 1 tablespoon Hunt’s Tomato Paste
- ½ cup Hunt’s Diced, Tomatoes (can puree these using a blender)
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- ½ bottle dry Red Wine
- 6 springs Parsley
- 2 Leaves Bay
- 1 whole Garlic Bulb, halved
- Salt / Pepper
- 2 springs Rosemary
- 2 springs Fresh Thyme
- 2 tablespoon Flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Season short ribs with salt and pepper, then heat oil in a large dutch oven. Cook each side of short ribs for about 4 minutes (or until brown). Transfer to a plate
- Add garlic, carrots, celery, onion to a dutch oven and cook with the remaining oil for about 5 minutes. Add tomato paste, diced tomato puree and flour, stir for about 2 minutes then add wine. Simmer until wine is reduced in-half (approximately 20 minutes), then add herbs, bay leaves, rosemary, thyme, broth and the short ribs.
- Cover the dutch oven with aluminum foil
- Put in the oven for about 2.5 to 3 hours. Strain the sauce and skim off the fat. Serve.