These tender, melt-in-your-mouth instant pot boneless beef short ribs are served with noodles and can be ready in less than an hour. This delicious dish comes together easily all in one pot. It’s the ultimate cold-weather comfort food!
Today, I am going to show you how to cook the classic beef short ribs in the fastest and easiest way with this Instant Pot Boneless Beef Short Ribs recipe. The meat came out so delicious, tender, and smothered in rich wine sauce!
Instant Pot Boneless Beef Short Ribs Cooking Time:
To cook short ribs until tender it usually takes about 2 ½ hours in the oven. With this instant pot, you only need to cook it for 30 minutes (plus 15 extra minutes for natural release) and an additional 2 minutes to cook the vegetable (carrots).
So if you are looking for an easy braised beef short ribs recipe that has all the flavor and no fuss, try this Instant Pot Boneless Beef Short Ribs. It’s not only delicious but will also save you hours of cooking time.
CHECK OUT THESE DELICIOUS INSTANT POT RECIPES:
- INSTANT POT GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS (NINJA FOODI + OVEN-BAKED INSTRUCTIONS)
- DRY RUB CHICKEN WINGS (OVEN-BAKED/INSTANT POT/NINJA FOODI)
- KOREAN BBQ WINGS (INSTANT POT + OVEN-BAKED INSTRUCTIONS)
- INSTANT POT CHICKEN WINGS WITH BUFFALO SAUCE
- INSTANT POT BLACK-EYED PEA SOUP WITH HAM HOCK AND SPINACH
- INSTANT POT GOULASH
- INSTANT POT QUESO DIP RECIPE
- INSTANT POT HAMBURGER HELPER
- INSTANT POT CARNITAS – MEXICAN PULLED PORK
- INSTANT POT BEEF STROGANOFF
- INSTANT POT BRISKET AKA PULLED BEEF FOR SLIDERS!
- INSTANT POT GREAT NORTHERN BEAN SOUP
- INSTANT POT ITALIAN SAUSAGE KALE SOUP
Instant Pot Beef Short Ribs Ingredients:
This Instant Pot Boneless Beef Short Ribs recipe is made of simple ingredients: boneless short ribs, onions, carrots, all-purpose flour, thyme, paprika, tomato paste, beef broth, dry red wine, black pepper, and salt.
It’s so delicious, it can be eaten with pasta or mashed potatoes. It’s the perfect instant pot meal that not only adults will love but your kids will enjoy it too (mine sure did).
What are Boneless Beef Short Ribs?
Short ribs have lots of meats on them and they are the most popular cut for BBQ and also taste good for stew.
Boneless short ribs are cut from the chuck or plate, and consist of rib meat separated from the bone, which helps makes it perfect for this stew recipe: Instant Pot Boneless Beef Short Ribs.
Boneless beef short ribs are larger and meatier than pork spare ribs. As an alternative, chuck roast is the best substitute when boneless short ribs are unavailable.
Beef Short Ribs Nutrition Facts:
Beef short ribs are rich in protein, B12 but also high in fat. A 3-ounce portion of ribs contain about 210 calories, more than 30 grams of total fat and 13 grams of saturated fat. Consider your fat intake and for the day and week and balance accordingly to your health needs.
I served this instant pot short ribs with egg noodles. They taste perfect with polenta, or burger bun too. It’s also a great game-day food. If busy prepping for other things while hosting the braised short ribs can be a make-ahead meal.
When properly stored, cooked beef ribs will last for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator. For uncooked ribs, defrosted short ribs can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Best red wine for stew: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah, Zinfandel, Sangiovese, and Cabernet.
Instant Pot Boneless Beef Short Ribs
- 3 pounds boneless beef short ribs
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup dry red wine
- ½ cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 medium onion (cut into 8 wedges)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 carrots (chopped)
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour or corn starch
- 2 tbsp water
- fresh parsley (chopped)
- egg noodle
Brown the Boneless Beef Short Ribs:
- Season boneless short ribs with 1 ½ teaspoons salt.
- Turn on the instant pot and set to "Sauté" and adjust to more high heat. When Instant Pot reaches the given working temperature, it displays “Hot” and you can start sautéing.
- Add vegetable oil and heat until it shimmers. Working in batches, add boneless beef short ribs and cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from instant pot and set aside.
- Add dry red wine to the instant pot. Stir and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the instant pot. Bring the red wine to a boil and until it is reduced by ⅓ for about 1 minute.
- Add beef broth, garlic, onion, dried thyme, paprika, tomato paste, black pepper, salt and browned boneless beef short ribs to the instant pot.
- Follow the manufacturer's guide for locking the lid and preparing to cook. Set the instant pot to "manual" and cook at high pressure for about 30 minutes. When cooking is complete, use a natural release to depressurize.
Pressure Cooking the Carrots:
- Add chopped carrots to pot and cook at high pressure for 2 minutes. When cooking is complete, use a quick release to depressurize.
To Thicken the Sauce:
- In a small bowl, mix in 2 tablespoons of water with 1 tablespoon flour. Set the instant pot to "sauté", add the flour mixture and let stew simmer until thickened. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
- Turn off the instant pot and sprinkle the stew with some fresh parsley. Serve immediately with egg noodles, polenta or on a bun.