Slow cooker beef stew recipe with Asian inspired flavors. This dish tastes too good for something so easy to make. I prefer the taste to beef stews that are restaurant-bought, plus your money goes ten times as far when you make it on your own! The dish is very rich in flavor and tastes even better the next day.
What is Chinese Five Spice Powder? Five-spice powder is an oriental blend of five fragrant spices ground together, consisting: cinnamon, star anise, cloves, fennel seeds and Szechwan peppercorn.
Slow Cooker Beef Stew - Asian Style
- 1 ½ pounds beef chuck
- ½ cup carrots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons michiu . If you don't have this product, try Dry White Wine, chinese wine
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup beef broth
- optional: 2 star anises
- Place all the ingredients (except: Carrots) in a slow cooker
- Cook in low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 4-5 hours
- Put the carrots into the slow cooker about 30-45 minutes before serving