Truly crispy and crunchy air fryer frozen french fries. The perfect last-minute appetizer to make on game day!
Here’s another great recipe for cooking frozen foods in an air fryer. These Air Fry Frozen French Fries are the perfect last-minute snack option that can be ready in less than 20 minutes.
The Crispiest Air Fryer Frozen French Fries:
Cooking frozen french fries in an air fryer requires minimal preparation and cooking process. You just need to throw the frozen fries in the air fryer then fry them at high heat until crispy and fully cooked.
Do I need to Defrost Frozen French Fries Before Frying?
Do not thaw the frozen fries. Instead, keep them completely frozen before frying to assure that the surface of the potato is sealed during the frying process, resulting in a crispy, restaurant-quality fry.
How To Make Frozen Fries Crispy:
Frozen fries are a staple freezer item. They are so convenient and easy to prepare.
Cooking frozen fries in an air fryer will make them truly crispy and crunchy, a very similar texture to deep fried foods. In addition, food cooks faster in an air fryer than in the oven due to rapid circulating air and the smaller size of an air fryer.
WHAT TEMPERATURE DO I NEED TO COOK FROZEN FRIES AT?
Cook the frozen fries at 400°F to yield a crispy, golden brown fries.
How To Cook Frozen Fries in an Air Fryer
Please keep in mind that your air fryer may perform differently and cook these fries at different times and rates. For that reason, I highly recommend checking the doneness often after frying it more than 12 minutes to prevent burning.
So here are some important steps to follow:
Step 1. Choose the Right Type of Frozen Fries
You can use crinkles or any thick cut frozen fries, seasoned or unseasoned.
In this recipe, I used Ore-Ida French fries. Kroger® Crinkle Cut French Fries and Signature SELECT Potatoes French Fried Crinkle Cut Classic are pretty tasty too.
Step 2. Prepare the Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F and lightly grease the air basket with oil (optional).
Step 3. Air Fry the Frozen Fries
Place the frozen fries into an air fryer. Cook for 7 minutes then shake the basket or stir the fries. Continue cooking and shaking the basket every 3 minutes twice. If they are not ready, continue cooking and keep shaking every 1-1½ minutes until the fries are fully cooked and crispy.
Check Out More Tasty Air Fryer Recipes:
- HOW TO MAKE CRISPY RUSSELS SPROUTS IN AN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER SWEET POTATO FRIES (WITH BEST EVER SEASONING)
- AIR FRYER WHOLE CHICKEN (NO OIL OR BUTTER IS ADDED)
- BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS
- AIR FRIED OKRA (CRISPY AND NOT SLIMY)
- AIR FRIED ZUCCHINI FRIES
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below! I'd appreciate it.
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- an Air Fryer
- 1 pound frozen french fries, (Crinkles or Thick Cut, seasoned or unseasoned)
- salt and pepper , (if needed)
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F and lightly grease the air basket with oil (optional).
- Place the frozen fries into an air fryer. Cook for 7 minutes then shake the basket or stir the fries. Continue cooking and shaking the basket every 3 minutes twice. If the fries are not ready, continue cooking, keep shaking, and checking the fries very 1-1½ minutes until they are fully cooked and crispy.