The crispiest air fryer Brussels sprouts are made without frying in a ton of oil. They are full of caramelized flavor, garlicky, and perfectly tender on the inside.
Today I want to share my favorite way to make crispy Brussels sprouts with balsamic glaze without any deep-frying! This restaurant-quality air fryer Brussels sprouts recipe is so easy to make! They are so tasty, yet they aren’t greasy and won't give you a food hangover after eating.
These air fryer Brussels sprouts have a similar taste and texture to deep-fried foods but without the extra oil, calories, and fat. It's a healthy alternative to deep-fried Brussels sprouts.
About This Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts:
This air fryer brussels sprouts recipe is so easy to put together. It can be ready in less than 20 minutes. It's the perfect quick appetizer or side dish to make on busy nights.
The sprouts are lightly seasoned with salt and pepper and tossed in garlic and balsamic glaze (balsamic vinegar reduction).
This recipe requires just a tablespoon of oil to achieve the crunchy texture on the outside and tender on the inside.
How to Make Crispy Brussels Sprouts in An Air Fryer:
This air fryer brussels sprouts recipe requires minimal preparation, ingredients, and cooking time. So here are some steps to follow:
Step 1. Prepare Brussels Sprouts
- First, you need to trim the ends of Brussels sprouts and discard any tough or discolored outer leaves.
- After that, cut the sprouts in uniform pieces. You can cut the medium sprouts in half lengthwise. If the sprouts are large, you can quarter them. If the Brussel sprouts are too small, leave them whole before cooking. Also, cut an "X or I" in the bottom of the trimmed sprout so that the center area cooks at the same rate as the outer layers.
- Next, blanch the brussels sprouts in salted boiling water. I wrote the complete step-by-step tutorial in this how to blanch the brussels sprouts post.
Blanching brussels sprouts helps them cook faster while retaining more of their color, nutrients, and flavor.
Step 2. Add seasoning
After you blanch the brussels sprouts, make sure you drain and pat them dry with paper towels.
Season the sprouts lightly with salt and black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
Step 3. Air Fry
Preheat the air fryer and set the temperature to 400°F. Place seasoned brussels sprouts in the air fryer basket. Fry for 15 minutes, shaking the basket or stirring halfway through.
About 2 minutes before the cooking is done, add minced garlic and stir to combine.
Step 4. Make Balsamic Glaze
Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan over medium heat, bring balsamic vinegar to a simmer. Continue to simmer until thickened and syrupy. Remove from the heat and stir in a tablespoon of oil. Mix well.
Step 5. Mix All Ingredients and Serve
Transfer cooked brussels sprouts into a large plate. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and toss to coat.
What Can You Use If You Don't Have an Air Fryer?
If you don't have an air fryer and want to try this recipe, don't worry! You can make these crispy brussels sprouts in an oven or a toaster oven. I am going to show you how to do it in the recipe card below.
How to Store Leftover Cooked Brussels Sprouts
First, let the cooked brussels sprouts cool at room temperature then store the leftover in an airtight container.
You can keep the leftover in the fridge for 3-4 days or up to 2 months in the freezer.
Check out more side dish recipes
- CORN SOUFFLE - CREAMED CORN CASSEROLE
- EASY DINNER ROLLS WITH HERB BUTTER
- FRESH BROCCOLI CASSEROLE - A TASTY SIDE DISH!
- GREEN BEANS ALMONDINE
- AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS
- BAKED MAC AND CHEESE (SO CREAMY AND CHEESY)
- ROASTED RAINBOW CARROTS WITH MAPLE SYRUP
- TOMATO CUCUMBER SALAD (WITH RECIPE VIDEO 🎥)
- SUMMER SQUASH CASSEROLE | CHEESY AND HEALTHY - WITH RECIPE VIDEO 🎥
- SKILLET FRIED CORN - BUTTERY!
- VEGETARIAN BROCCOLI SALAD - CREAMY AND CRUNCHY!
- ROASTED YELLOW SQUASH WITH PARMESAN CHEESE AND HERBS
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below! I'd appreciate it.
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Blanch the brussels sprouts in salted boiling water ( a gallon of water + 1 tbsp salt) for 2 minutes and immediately transfer to ice water . Drain and pat them dry with paper towels. Season with salt and black pepper then drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Place seasoned brussels sprouts in the air fryer basket. Fry for 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through. About 2 minutes before the cooking is done, add minced garlic and stir.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan over medium heat, bring balsamic vinegar to a simmer. Continue to simmer until thickened and reduced by half. Remove from the heat and stir in olive oil.
- Transfer cooked brussels sprouts into a large plate. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and toss to coat.
How to Make Crispy Brussels Sprouts in the Oven:
- Follow steps #1 #3 and #4 and cook at 450°F for 15 minutes or until crispy and fully cooked.