Fresh Mango Salsa for the IMSA WeatherTech Championship Series Racing

Try this delicious Fresh Mango Salsa recipe and get excited for the IMSA WeatherTech Championship Series Racing. Mango salsa with fresh mango, cilantro, red onion, cucumber, salt/pepper and fresh lime juice. The upcoming Sebring Race event will be held from March 15 th – 18th, with the WeatherTech Championship race on March 18 th.  Catch some of the most exciting races on Fox Sports.  Don’t miss it! You can view the full schedule here.

imsa racing

Ever since I was a little kid I have been a big fan of fast cars.. I became obsessed with Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, and had an special obsession with Aston Martin.  All of those cars could absolutely tear it up on the track, yet also had the most beautiful curves.  My first job was working in the car industry, and although I have never driven a sports car I know much more about them than most people I’ve run into.  My 6 year old son has a huge interest in cars, too. He’s been collecting toy cars since he was 6 months old, and it’s the first toy he always goes to when he gets home from school.  My husband and I always take him to annual car shows, and expos, sometimes a few hours away.

imsa racing

My husband and I are both so excited to watch the IMSA WeatherTech Championship Series Racing with my son and daughter.  We each have our different favorite brand name cars, and all of the big ones will be there including my son’s top choice, Acura, as well as Audi, Aston Martin, BMW, Cadillac, Ferrari, Ford, Lamborghini, Lexus, Mercedes, Nissan, and Porsche.  They will go head to head which makes it really fun for us (a little bit of trash talking will be going on for sure).   Some of the races we’ve attended only have one type of car, while others have cars that just don’t look that appealing.  That’s where this event stands out, it’s like a car show and a race wrapped into one stellar event.

fresh mango salsa for imsa racing

One of the best things about it is that we can watch it on Fox Sports right at home.  We make and event out of the whole thing, my son has his toy cars out and tries to find some that match those going on in the race.  The rest of us are just kicking back with some good beverages and food to match.  You probably know by now that I can’t pass up an opportunity to prepare food fit for a sporting event, and I’m looking forward to making fresh mango salsa for this one.  It’s perfect for dipping chips and also adds some sweetness and tanginess to other entrée items, like soft or hard tacos.

I’d be honored if you try out my fresh mango salsa recipe, but at the very least be sure to check out the IMSA WeatherTech Championship Series Racing, it’s sure to be a blast!

Fresh Mango Salsa

Ingredients
  • 1 fresh mango chopped into small pieces
  • 1/4 cup red onion diced
  • 1/2 cup fresh cucumber diced
  • 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
  • salt/pepper to taste
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (add more according to your liking)
  • optional a dash of cumin
Instructions
  1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well

2. Season with salt/pepper to taste

• Reply thebudgetariantraveler Mar 16, 2017 at 1:38 am

Fresh mango salsa is one of the best salsa. Easy to make but quiet one of the healthy options. Great recipe!

• Reply Jamie Mar 16, 2017 at 4:45 am

I love cars too! We’re actually heading to Import Alliance in Atlanta next weekend; I’m more of a classic car enthusiast myself, but the hubby loves tuners. The mango salsa looks amazing, thanks for the recipe!

• Reply Katie Kinsley Mar 16, 2017 at 5:33 am

Oh the salsa looks like a fantastic snack! I’ve made a pineapple, jalapeno and avocado salsa before, but I’m not sure if I like the sweet ones.

• Reply Jennifer Mar 16, 2017 at 9:54 am

I love mango salsa. I pretty much love anything with fresh mango. Our daughter started buying it a while back, and now I’m hooked.

• Reply Lisa (@blm03) Mar 16, 2017 at 10:29 am

I LOVE mango salsa. I have never tried making it myself but now I am definitely going to try!

• Reply danik Mar 16, 2017 at 11:35 am

Mango salsa looks very interesting.Never tired it but thinking about making it now 🙂

• Reply Pam Wattenbarger Mar 16, 2017 at 12:53 pm

I love mango salsa! My son in law makes it all the time during grilling season, which is right around the corner now.

• Reply Jacqui S Mar 16, 2017 at 3:14 pm

I love a good salsa, and this one looks pretty good. I’ll have to try and make this one!

• Reply toastycriticd Mar 16, 2017 at 5:04 pm

The mango salsa looks delicious. I have not tried to make any before but this one looks worth trying.

• Reply Miriam Mar 16, 2017 at 5:17 pm

That’s wonderful that everyone has so much fun! That mango salsa looks so vibrant and fresh. The cumin is a nice twist!

• Reply Amanda Love Mar 16, 2017 at 5:58 pm

I wouldn’t say that I’m a huge fan of cars but watching a race has always been fun especially if you watch it with family or friends. I think this mango salsa is the perfect dip for your chips while watching!

• Reply Annemarie LeBlanc Mar 17, 2017 at 12:10 am

This mango salsa would go great with grilled anything! I am now thinking of grilling,but of course, I have to wait for a few more weeks until the weather stops being freaky.

• Reply Stephen Mar 17, 2017 at 3:46 am

Yum!! I am currently obsessed with mango – so anything mango sounds good to me 🙂

• Reply Alexandra Mills Mar 17, 2017 at 8:12 am

This looks amazing!!! I think I’m going to make this for my kids – always looks for yummy & healthy recipes.

• Reply Jenn @ EngineerMommy Mar 17, 2017 at 11:13 am

I love mango salsa at restaurants. I never made it at home but it looks really easy. I am totally trying this this weekend.

• Reply Mimi Green Mar 20, 2017 at 6:18 am

The Mister loves mango salsa. I should surprise him and make it myself.