This is the best Instant Pot Chicken Corn Chowder recipe! The soup is so delicious, hearty, creamy, and loaded with flavors! It is so easy and quick to make. It will make you want to ditch takeout for good!
Instant Pot Chicken Corn Chowder
Today, you will learn how to make the best creamy soup ever! This Instant Pot Chicken Corn Chowder is absolutely tasty! The soup has the perfect balance of creaminess. It's so rich but not heavy. It also has the right amount of sweetness and saltiness. It's both filling and satisfying.
Best of all, this pressure cooker chicken corn chowder soup is only cooked for 5 minutes at high pressure! A great soup recipe that you can enjoy all-year-round!
The recipe also works well using a Ninja Foodi or a stovetop. Don’t worry, just keep reading because I’ll show you how the complete cooking instructions for each way on the recipe card below.
This chicken chowder tastes great so you may want to double the recipe so everyone can have seconds! You can serve this by itself or as a side item.
Check Out More Delicious Instant Pot Soup Recipes:
- CAULIFLOWER SOUP (LOW-CARB)
- VEGETABLE SOUP
- BLACK-EYED PEA SOUP WITH HAM HOCK AND SPINACH
- POTATO LEEK SOUP (NO FLOUR ADDED)
- PEA SOUP – VEGETARIAN!
- ROOT VEGETABLE SOUP
- POTATO SOUP WITH BACON!
- GREAT NORTHERN BEAN SOUP
- ITALIAN SAUSAGE KALE SOUP
- PRESSURE COOKER PUMPKIN SOUP
Instant Pot Chicken Corn Chowder Ingredients:
This Instant Pot Chicken Corn Chowder is made with chicken breast and other ingredients that you can easily find in your pantry. It's loaded with corn, cream-style sweet corn and flavored with onion, garlic, celery, jalapeno, thyme, paprika, chicken broth, and heavy cream.
I used unsalted canned corn, feel free to use frozen corn or fresh corn kernels as a substitution ingredient.
Best Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe without Potatoes or Flour:
The soup is thickened without using a thickening agent such as flour or starch. It's also made without using potatoes! You are going to love this chowder because it isn't loaded with those extra carbs that our bodies don’t need!
CHECK OUT THESE DELICIOUS INSTANT POT RECIPES:
- INSTANT POT RISOTTO
- INSTANT POT GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS (NINJA FOODI + OVEN-BAKED INSTRUCTIONS)
- DRY RUB CHICKEN WINGS (OVEN-BAKED/INSTANT POT/NINJA FOODI)
- KOREAN BBQ WINGS (INSTANT POT + OVEN-BAKED INSTRUCTIONS)
- INSTANT POT CHICKEN WINGS WITH BUFFALO SAUCE
- INSTANT POT GOULASH
- INSTANT POT QUESO DIP RECIPE
- INSTANT POT HAMBURGER HELPER
- INSTANT POT CARNITAS – MEXICAN PULLED PORK
- INSTANT POT BEEF STROGANOFF
- INSTANT POT BRISKET AKA PULLED BEEF FOR SLIDERS!
- INSTANT POT BEEF SHORT RIBS – BONELESS!
- INSTANT POT CLAM CHOWDER
Best Toppings for Chicken Corn Chowder:
I topped this chowder with fresh chopped green onion and crispy bacon. Feel free to serve this soup with some crackers or a slice of sourdough bread! Yum!
What about cheese? Well, it's absolutely an optional ingredient. If you are a big fan of cheesy soup, then feel free to add some cheese before serving. The best cheese to use to make cheesy chowder is cheddar, pepper jack or Monterey jack. I personally skipped the cheese because the soup has already packed with complex flavors.
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Corn Chowder Soup Recipe:
As I mentioned above, this chowder is very easy and quick to make! It only requires 5 minutes of cooking time at high pressure. In addition to that, you need to cook the onion for about 6-7 minutes along with celery, garlic, and jalapeno. Sauteed onion is a very important addition to make a good soup base. It adds a level of taste to the soup that I just love.
There are 3 important cooking steps to follow:
· First, saute the soup base ingredients until translucent and fragrant. This process should take about 7 minutes.
· Second, add the broth, corn, and chicken then cook at high pressure, set for 5 minutes.
· Third, do a quick release once the cooking is completed. Then stir in the heavy cream to add creaminess to the soup.
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below! I'd appreciate it.
Instant Pot Chicken Corn Chowder
- 2½ cups diced skinless and boneless chicken breast , (about from 2 medium-size chicken breast)
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1 fresh jalapeño, (seeded and diced)
- 1 garlic clove, (minced)
- 1 can creamed corn, (14.75 oz)
- 1 can corn whole kernel (no salt added), (15.25 oz) - remove juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt, (use more according to your liking)
- ¼ teaspoon ground paprika
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- chopped green onion
- chopped crispy bacon
- Press the “Sauté” function key, adjust to “Normal”. When it displays “Hot”, heat the butter and cook onion, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent and starting to soften for about 3 minutes.
- Add celery and stir for 2 minutes. Add jalapeño and stir for 1 minute. Add garlic, paprika powder, and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour in corn golden sweet cream style and the broth. Be sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to keep the pan clear and nothing is stuck on it to prevent burning. Press "Keep Warm/Cancel" to stop cooking. Add corn, diced chicken, thyme, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Secure the lid. Select "manual" on high, for 5 minutes. After the cooking cycle finished, quickly release the pressure. Remove lid and stir in the heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Serve with chopped green onions, and crispy bacon. Enjoy!
To Cook on the Stovetop:
- Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent and starting to soften for about 3 minutes.
- Add celery and keep stirring frequently for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Add jalapeno and keep stirring frequently for about 1 minute.
- Add garlic, paprika powder, and stirring frequently for about 1 minute.
- Stir in broth, diced chicken, fresh/canned/or frozen corn, corn golden sweet cream style, and thyme. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the chicken breast is fully cooked.
- Stir in the heavy cream. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed. Give a quick stir then turn off the heat. Serve and enjoy!
- Signature SELECT Corn Golden Sweet Cream Style - 14.75 Oz
- Kroger® No Salt Added Sweet Golden Whole Kernel Corn
- Kirkland Signature Organic Chicken Stock, 32 fl oz
I've had corn chowder before but not this one yet. It looks delish. I must give this a try.
These soup is out of this world! So much flavor, we all loved it!
I haven't had corn chowder in a long time, but I'm looking forward to making this recipe!
Corn chowder is one of the most delicious and easy to make dishes ever. i have got to try your recipe out!
Your chicken corn chowder recipe looks delicious. I love a hearty corn chowder with fresh baked sourdough bread.
This instant pot chicken chowder looks yum. I am going to get some chicken tomorrow and try to make this
Tummy filling dish! Perfect for lunch or even dinner, thank you for sharing this with us.
Made this tonight, it was delicious and so easy!! Yum! Thank you for sharing!
You're welcome, Staci! Thanks for sharing your feedback!
Love this soup one of my go to soups in cold weather!!
Thanks for sharing your feedback, Julie! It's the perfect season to enjoy this Instant Pot Chicken Corn Chowder.