This Instant Pot Great Northern Bean Soup is an easy bean soup recipe that doesn’t require soaking the beans. It's a creamy white bean soup that is made with simple ingredients: dried Great Northern Beans, broth, onions, garlic, and rosemary spring.
If you are on the hunt for Instant Pot Soup recipes, check out this Instant Pot Great Northern Bean Soup. It's the perfect hearty winter meal to help you stay warm and cozy. It's also extremely nutritious, as it’s high in fiber and protein. This soup will keep you feeling full all day long!
Instant Pot Great Northern Bean Soup without Flour:
This creamy white bean soup is made without flour or heavy cream. To make it creamy, I just used a hand blender to puree the beans. You can keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days because it's a dairy-free soup.
Instant Pot Great Northen Bean Soup Ingredients:
To make the most of this Instant Pot Great Northern Bean Soup, I served it with crispy bacon, used chicken broth, and some fresh chopped parsley.
For those of you that are vegetarians, you can easily change up the ingredients to turn this soup into a vegan creamy white beans soup by simply using 100% vegetable broth, then finishing the cooked white beans with parsley or any topping of your choice.
CHECK MORE INSTANT POT SOUP RECIPES:
- INSTANT POT CAULIFLOWER SOUP (LOW-CARB)
- INSTANT POT CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER (STOVETOP
- INSTANT POT BLACK-EYED PEA SOUP WITH HAM HOCK AND SPINACH
- INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED)
- INSTANT POT POTATO LEEK SOUP (NO FLOUR ADDED)
- INSTANT POT PEA SOUP – VEGETARIAN!
- INSTANT POT ROOT VEGETABLE SOUP
- INSTANT POT POTATO SOUP WITH BACON!
- INSTANT POT ITALIAN SAUSAGE KALE SOUP
Instant Pot Great Northern Bean Soup Health Benefits:
This pressure cooker great northern bean soup offers great health benefits!
Great northern beans are a low-calorie and low-fat and are also a cholesterol-free source of iron, dietary fiber, protein, and potassium.
They are an excellent source of low-fat and plant-based protein for vegetarians (and everyone else), and if eaten regularly can help lower cholesterol and regulate blood sugar levels.
Even though Great Northern Beans (like most other white beans) offer a ton of health benefits, the beans can also cause abdominal discomfort or bloating in some people.
Soaking the beans can break down the complex sugars that can cause gas. This will also make them cook faster.
For this Instant Pot Great Northern Bean Soup, I just washed the dried beans and then started cooking them without soaking them beforehand.
If you decide to soak the beans before cooking follow these steps:
- First, wash the beans thoroughly.
- After that, put the beans into a large bowl and cover them with 2-3 inches of cold clean water.
- Set it aside at room temperature for 8 hours, or overnight.
How Long Does It Take to Cook Un-soaked Beans in Instant Pot:
Cooking un-soaked beans in an instant pot only require 35 minutes, and for soaked beans takes approximately 25 minutes.
CHECK OUT THESE DELICIOUS INSTANT POT RECIPES:
- INSTANT POT RISOTTO
- INSTANT POT GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS (NINJA FOODI + OVEN-BAKED INSTRUCTIONS)
- DRY RUB CHICKEN WINGS (OVEN-BAKED/INSTANT POT/NINJA FOODI)
- KOREAN BBQ WINGS (INSTANT POT + OVEN-BAKED INSTRUCTIONS)
- INSTANT POT CHICKEN WINGS WITH BUFFALO SAUCE
- INSTANT POT GOULASH
- INSTANT POT QUESO DIP RECIPE
- INSTANT POT HAMBURGER HELPER
- INSTANT POT CARNITAS – MEXICAN PULLED PORK
- INSTANT POT BEEF STROGANOFF
- INSTANT POT BRISKET AKA PULLED BEEF FOR SLIDERS!
- INSTANT POT BEEF SHORT RIBS – BONELESS!
How to Store and Freeze Bean Soup:
Bean soups freeze well. The soup will last up to 3 days in the fridge or up to 1 month in the freezer. Just be sure to thaw it overnight in the fridge and cook over low heat to reheat the soup before using it.
Instant Pot Great Northern Bean Soup
- 1 ½ cups Dried Great Northern Bean
- 32 oz broth
- 1 rosemary spring
- 1 medium onion, (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves, (minced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 tsp salt, (add more according to your liking)
- Crispy Bacon, (cook according to product packaging)
- Fresh Parsley , (chopped)
- Turn the instant pot to "saute" and add olive oil. Cook chopped onion until translucent, then add garlic. Give it a quick stir for about 15 seconds. Press "keep warm or off".
- Add dried Great Northern Beans (soaked or un-soaked), rosemary spring and broth, then and set it to "manual" and adjust to "35 minutes" for un-soaked beans or "25 minutes" for soaked beans. Seal the instant pot and set the vent to sealing.
- Once it's done, allow the instant pot to naturally release until pressure subsides, or wait at least 20 minutes before doing a quick release.
- Open the lid and use a hand blender or high-speed blender to puree the beans.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve with crispy bacon and parsley (optional).