Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup, a very comforting soup that you can enjoy in cold weather and all year round. It's so filling and nutritious. A delicious one-pot meal that is made in the most effortless way.
This hearty Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup is a classic soup loaded with ground beef, bell pepper, rice in a savory broth. The instant pot makes this soup ready in a fraction of the time. It's absolutely the best soup recipe to make on busy weeknights.
Also, check out these INSTANT POT GROUND BEEF AND RICE and INSTANT POT BONELESS BEEF SHORT RIBS (TENDER & FALL APART MEAT) recipes.
A Quick Soup with Easy Ingredients
This soup uses the same ingredients as you normally use to make stuffed pepper. It's basically the deconstructed version of stuffed pepper. Instead of stuffing the ingredients in peppers, you are going to cook all of them together in a rich broth.
To make this delicious soup, you need the following ingredients:
- Ground beef sirloin (90% lean / 10% fat) or use 85% lean ground turkey.
- Bell Pepper. You can use green, red or a combination of both.
- Long grain white rice. Rinse rice under cool water until that water runs clear before cooking.
- Tomato sauce
- Diced tomato
- Italian seasoning
- Dried basil
- Beef broth
- Worcestershire sauce
Instant Pot Soup Cooking Process:
The preparation and cooking process is pretty simple. Here's how to make stuffed pepper soup in an Instant Pot.
Step 1. Brown the Ground Beef
When the Instant Pot displays "Hot", add 2 tablespoons of oil. Cook ground beef undisturbed for 1 minute, add a pinch of salt and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
Use a spatula or wooden spoon to break the ground beef up into smaller pieces as it cooks. Keep stirring.
Step 2. Throw in Aromatic Vegetables
Add diced onion and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes or until translucent.
After that, add chopped garlic, bell pepper and stir for about 1-2 minutes or until the beef is no longer pink.
Step 3. Add Tomato Products
Stir in tomato sauce and diced tomatoes into the pot. Let the mixture cooks for about 2-3 minutes to concentrate the flavors and to reduce the tin taste out of tomato products.
Also important to scrape the bottom of the pot to remove any residue or brown spots to prevent burning.
Step 4. Add Dried Seasoning and Beef Broth
Step 5. Add Uncooked Rice
Add rice and gently press into the broth. Do not stir!
Step 6. Cook for 3 minutes
Lastly, close and secure the lid. Set it to "manual" for 3 minutes. Once the cooking cycle has completed, leave it undisturbed for 10 minutes then manually release the remaining pressure.
Not all beef broth is created equal! Use a good beef broth that you've used before and that you know will taste good.
After you finish cooking the soup, you may adjust the seasoning with additional salt/pepper or even with a small amount of bouillon if necessary according to your taste.
How to Store Leftover Soup:
You can make-ahead a stuffed pepper soup and store the leftover for later. First, let soup cool at room temperature but no longer than 2 hours. After it is completely cool, store it in an airtight container and transfer it to the refrigerator.
Properly stored, this stuffed pepper soup can last up to 3-5 days in the fridge or up to 4-6 months in the freezer. Make sure that you freeze the soup in individual servings so you can reheat it easily.
How to Reheat Stuffed Pepper Soup:
You can reheat leftovers on the stove, in the microwave, or oven until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- In the microwave. Place the soup into a microwave-safe individual serving container. Microwave for about 20-30 seconds, open the microwave's door, stir the soup and cook for 20-30 seconds or longer until the center of the soup is at least 165°F.
- On the stove. Bring to a boil on high heat, reduce to medium-low heat, and simmer for a few minutes or until the center of the soup is at least 165°F.
Make sure to use up your leftovers within three or four days or freeze them again in meal-size portions.
Check out more tasty soup recipes
- ITALIAN BEAN SOUP (AN EASY ONE-POT MEAL)
- CREAMY RAVIOLI SOUP
- ALBONDIGAS SOUP (CALDO DE ALBÓNDIGAS)
- CREAMY MUSHROOM SOUP WITH NO CREAM
- FRENCH ONION SOUP
- CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER (STOVETOP INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED)
- CAULIFLOWER SOUP (LOW-CARB)
- CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER
- BLACK-EYED PEA SOUP WITH HAM HOCK AND SPINACH
- POTATO LEEK SOUP (NO FLOUR ADDED)
- POTATO SOUP WITH BACON!
- GREAT NORTHERN BEAN SOUP
- ITALIAN SAUSAGE KALE SOUP
- INSTANT POT CLAM CHOWDER
Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 pound ground beef sirloin (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup uncooked long grain white rice, (rinsed)
- 1½ cups diced yellow onion
- 2 garlic, (minced)
- 3 green bell peppers, (diced)
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes , (unsalted and unseasoned)
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce, (unsalted and unseasoned)
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt, (to taste)
- black pepper , (to taste)
Optional (Only If Needed):
- 1-2 teaspoon bouillon , (I used Better Than Bouillon - Beef Flavor)
- Press "Saute" and adjust it to "normal" setting. When the Instant Pot displays "Hot", add 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Cook ground beef undisturbed for 1 minute, add ¼ teaspoon of salt and continue cooking for 3 minutes.Use a spatula or wooden spoon to break the ground beef up into smaller pieces as it cooks. Keep stirring.
- Add diced onion and continue cooking for 3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add chopped garlic and diced green bell pepper. Stir for about 1 minute or until the ground beef is no longer pink.
- Stir in tomato sauce and diced tomatoes into the pot. Cook for 2 minutes.Be sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to remove any residue or brown spots to prevent burning.
- Add dried Italian seasoning, dried basil, and Worcestershire sauce into the mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour in beef broth and stir.
- Add rice and gently press into the broth. Do not stir!
- Close and secure the lid. Set it to "manual" for 3 minutes.
- Once the cooking cycle has completed, leave it undisturbed for 10 minutes then manually release the remaining pressure.
- If the broth is too little, you can add 1-2 cups of hot beef broth. Adjust seasoning with salt/pepper or bouillon if needed.