This post is sponsored by Unilever. The opinions and text are all mine.
This Creamy Ravioli Soup recipe is a restaurant-quality meal that you can make at home. It uses simple ingredients but is loaded with a ton of flavors. A very comforting soup recipe that your family will love, and you'll make over and over again!
Today, I want to share an easy meal that you can make in less than 30 minutes and with little preparation. This creamy ravioli soup is loaded with four-cheese ravioli, Italian turkey sausage, and vegetables simmered in a rich chicken and tomato-based broth made with Knorr® Granulated Bouillon that I purchased at my local Vallarta.
This Creamy Tuscan Ravioli Soup recipe proves that a tasty meal doesn't have to use a long list of ingredients and be complicated to make!
About This Creamy Ravioli Soup Recipe:
You might stumble upon this ravioli soup with sausage recipe and think it looks similar to others, but the real secret difference of mine lies in the broth.
There are better and different ingredients than other recipes and significant differences in the preparation, making this recipe stand out from the others and having your family and guests asking you for seconds!
So now, let's talk about the ingredients, preparation, and cooking process of this ravioli soup!
The Ingredients and Variations for Italian Turkey Sausage Ravioli Soup:
These ingredients support one another to create a flavorful dish. Therefore, it's very important to select ingredients that you've tried before and liked.
To make this hearty soup, you will need the following recommended ingredients:
- Four-cheese ravioli. Buy the smaller size of ravioli (about 1'x1' each) to make it easier to eat and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Or, use tortellini as an alternative ingredient.
- Italian-style turkey sausage or any type of meat sausage of your choice, such as pork or chicken.
- Yellow onion.
- Zucchini. This type of squash has a mild flavor and is almost bland, making it the perfect addition to this soup. Why? Because it adds a nice texture, color, and nutrient to the soup without changing how it tastes.
- Curly kale. It plays the same role as zucchini. Cooked curly kale has a sweeter and milder taste compared to raw. In this recipe, I used pre-shredded curly kale.
- Italian seasoning. This is a holy spice blend! You can pretty much use it on any recipes! It's a must-have staple pantry.
- Dried basil. Basil and tomato go well together. It's an herb that is commonly used in Italian food.
- Tomato Sauce. No salt and seasoning added.
- Knorr® Granulated Chicken Bouillon plus 6 cups of water. Don't skip! This is the secret ingredient of the flavorful broth! It has a true impact on the taste of food and can truly transform any recipe! You can use this versatile bouillon to enhance the flavor of soups, stews, sauces, rice, vegetables, pasta, and any dishes with chicken.
- Heavy cream. You can substitute an equal amount of heavy cream for half-and-half or whole milk with extra butter. However, heavy creams contain more fat than half-and-half-creams and are also more resistant to curdling. Therefore, heavy cream would make a better choice in soups and sauces.
The preparation involves chopping and dicing vegetables. Please make sure that you dice the zucchini into small cubes (about ¼'x ¼' each) so they cook fast and at the same rate as the other ingredients. As a result, you've got tender zucchini that are not mushy.
How to Cook Creamy Ravioli Soup:
The cooking process is very easy and quick! If you follow these steps below, I think you’ll be very pleased with the results!
Step 1. Brown the Italian Turkey Sausage
Cook Italian turkey sausage over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes. Stirring occasionally to break up sausage. Tilt the pot carefully and use paper towels to absorb some of that grease.
Step 2. Add Onion and Garlic
Add onion and continue stirring for about 4 minutes or until softened but not browned then add garlic and stir for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
Step 3. Stir in the Tomato sauce and spices
Stir in the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and dried basil. Be sure to scrape the brown bits that stick to the bottom of the pot. Cook, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes.
Step 4. Add water, Knorr® Granulated Chicken Bouillon, and diced zucchini.
Give the soup a quick stir, bring to a boil then reduce the heat, simmer for about 10 minutes.
Step 5. Add ravioli pasta
Add the ravioli pasta into the soup, cook for about 5 minutes.
Taste the soup, if it's too watery, you can add Beurre Manie (a thickening agent) by mixing 1 tablespoon of softened butter (at room temperature for an hour) and 1 tablespoon of flour into a paste then stir it into the soup. Do not microwave the butter.
Please keep in mind that the soup will thicken as it sits.
Step 6. Add heavy cream and kale
Stir in heavy cream and shredded kale, cook and stir often until the heavy cream is heated through for about 1 minute.
The kale will continue cooking for a few minutes even after you turn off the heat.
How to Store Leftover Creamy Soup:
Let the soup cool completely before putting it in the fridge.
Properly store, any leftover soup with dairy will last 3-4 days in the fridge. However, the soup may get watery as fat separates from the broth.
In order to preserve the quality of the broth and lengthen the shelf life, I highly recommend adding the heavy cream or thickening agent right before serving.
You can purchase Knorr® Granulated Bouillon at Vallarta in the international/Hispanic aisle, that’s where I made sure to get mine!
Also, don't forget to enter a giveaway in my Instagram post by sharing your easy meal solution tip for a chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
CHECK MORE TASTY SOUP RECIPES:
- FRENCH ONION SOUP
- CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER (STOVETOP INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED)
- CAULIFLOWER SOUP (LOW-CARB)
- CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER (STOVETOP
- BLACK-EYED PEA SOUP WITH HAM HOCK AND SPINACH
- POTATO LEEK SOUP (NO FLOUR ADDED)
- PEA SOUP – VEGETARIAN!
- ROOT VEGETABLE SOUP
- POTATO SOUP WITH BACON!
- GREAT NORTHERN BEAN SOUP
- ITALIAN SAUSAGE KALE SOUP
- PRESSURE COOKER PUMPKIN SOUP
- INSTANT POT CLAM CHOWDER
Creamy Ravioli Soup
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage, (chasing removed, if any)
- 10 oz four cheese ravioli pasta, (small size, about 1’x1′ each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ cups chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 cups water
- 3½ to 4 tsp Knorr® Granulated Chicken Bouillon
- 1½ cups diced zucchini, (small diced, about ¼'x ¼' each)
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 4 cups chopped curly kale
(Optional) To thicken the Soup:
- 1 tablespoon softened butter, (at room temperature at least an hour)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Heat oil in heavy large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Cook Italian turkey sausage for 4 minutes. Stirring occasionally to break up sausage. Tilt the pot carefully and use paper towels to absorb some of that grease.
- Add onion and continue stirring for about 4 minutes or until softened but not browned then add garlic and stir for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and dried basil. Be sure to scrape the brown bits that stick to the bottom of the pot. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add water, Knorr® Granulated Chicken Bouillon, and diced zucchini. Give the soup a quick stir, bring to a boil then reduce the heat, simmer, uncovered for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.Optional: If the soup is too watery to your liking, you can thicken the soup by adding a small amount of softened butter and flour or cornstarch and water mixture at a time, stirring and checking until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Add the ravioli pasta into the soup, cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and shredded kale. Cook until the heavy cream is heated through for about 1 minute.
- The kale will continue cooking for a few minutes even after you turn off the heat.
- Please keep in mind that the soup will thicken as it sits.