Mango Pineapple Cocktail with Tequila

Mango Pineapple Cocktail with Tequila
Spread the love
  • 141
  •  Yum
    141
    Shares

This post is sponsored by Maestro Dobel Tequila but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.

Mango Pineapple Cocktail with Tequila. Refreshing fruity cocktail recipe with fresh mango, pineapple, orange, lime juice, agavero, and Maestro Dobel Tequila. This tropical cocktail recipe would be perfect for pool party or Cinco De Mayo.

Mango Pineapple Cocktail with Tequila

Maestro Dobel Diamante: Now this is a Sipping Tequila!

Living in a city that borders Mexico has fortunately broadened my horizons on the wonderful world of high-end tequila.  I was introduced to one of the tequila bars here in San Diego about a decade ago, and remember the encounter like it was yesterday.  We entered the intimate and very dimly lit place where there were just a handful of customers and an owner standing proud in-front of scores of fancy bottles.  We sat up at the bar, which was in retrospect a wise decision as for the next hour or so we got a knowledge dump from the tequila-master owner.  He gave a deep dive into tequila history, types of tequila, and what makes one bottle stand out from the pack.

Mango Pineapple Cocktail with Tequila

Some of his points made perfect sense even to someone with no knowledge of tequila, like how many of the best tequilas are those that have been around for decades or longer with generation after generation refining their craft.  Other points he made were much more specific and were centered around the harvesting and distilling processes, things to jot down in a big book of tequila knowledge.  When I was approached to work with Maestro Dobel Diamante I looked at the Maestro Dobel website and was blown away with the pride and care they put into each part of their process.  First-off they are eleventh generation master tequila makers, so tequila is in their blood (as well as their sweat and tears).  Their careful process goes even deeper than the steps that I learned about, with their Maestro Taquilero keeping close eye on even the seeding and harvesting processes of the agave.  Maestro Dobel then produced their tequilas in small batches where it is double distilled for that smooth taste that makes it worthy of sipping and enjoying on its own.

Mango Pineapple Cocktail with Tequila

Mango Pineapple Cocktail with Tequila

Maestro Dobel Diamante is an uncommon blend of Extra-Añejo, Añejo and Reposado Tequila that is aged in oak barrels and double filtered.  It is crystal clear, and actually the world’s first clear multi-aged tequila.  I love that the bottle is elegant, one that I’ll showcase front and center.  Most importantly, how does it taste?  In a word, suave.  It goes down soooo smoothly, yet has that distinct, high-grade agave taste that is complimented by hints of sweetness and a bit of delicious oak.  And that bite that you get at the end of a sip or shot of all of those other tequilas?  Nope, not here.  Drinking Maestro Dobel Diamante is a true experience.  Give it a sip the first time around just to enjoy it in its purest form, then feel free to branch out for some of the most delicious tequila drinks you’ve ever mixed.  Or, just keep sipping… this bottle will not disappoint.

Mango Pineapple Cocktail with Tequila

4.8 from 5 votes
Tropical Cocktail with Tequila
Prep Time
5 mins

Refreshing cocktail recipe with mango, pineapple, orange juice and lime juice.

Course: drink
Author: rika agustini
Ingredients
  • 2 oz Maestro® Dobel Diamante™
  • 2 oz Agavero®
  • 3 oz. pineapple juice
  • 3 oz mango juice
  • 3.5 oz orange juice
  • 5 oz fresh lime juice
  • chili salt for rim of glas
Instructions
  1. Mix juices, Agavero® and Maestro® Dobel Diamante™ together in a shaker.
  2. Rub rim of glass with a lime slice and dip in chili salt.
  3. Serve over ice and garnish with lime.

Spread the love
  • 141
  •  Yum
    141
    Shares

robin rue
    May 9, 2018 at 3:45 am

That sounds amazing. I am having some girlfriends over for a girls night in this weekend and I totally have to make some of these.

candy
    May 9, 2018 at 4:57 am

We aren’t drinkers but we have friends who would totally enjoy this drink. Adding the mango sounds wonderful and different taste.

Amber Myers
    May 9, 2018 at 5:10 am

I really don’t drink much, but I’ll have to give this a try one day. I’ve always enjoyed tropical flavors. I’ll probably need something like this when my kids are off on summer break.

chubskulit rose
    May 9, 2018 at 6:11 am

I love mango but I have never had tequila before. The combo sounds interesting, I’d like to try it if given a chance.

valmg @ Mom Knows It All
    May 9, 2018 at 6:13 am

The bottle is very distinctive looking. This cocktail sounds like it’s flavorful and perfect for warmer temps and summertime.

Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh
    May 9, 2018 at 6:14 am

We don’t really drink much, but every now and then when we are doing something special, we will get some things to make drinks. I will have to try this, it sounds really refreshing.

Melissa Chapman
    May 9, 2018 at 6:22 am

A fruit filled tequila drink sounds perfect for my next hapy hour party. I never tried that tequila but it is one that I have to mix up.

Ashley
    May 9, 2018 at 6:39 am

I love a good cocktail made with tequila. I need to look for this kind at our local store.

Jeanette
    May 9, 2018 at 6:49 am

I could use a cocktail right now! It is been one of those weeks and I’m just done and a drink definitely sounds like the way to in the day.

Franc Ramon
    May 9, 2018 at 8:16 am

Making tequila looks like an specialized art that takes years to master especially when you try new blends. Your mango pineapple cocktail with tequila looks really tasty.

Michel
    May 9, 2018 at 8:21 am

What wonderful insight you got! I love sitting and chatting with seasoned bartenders / owners. They are a wealth of knowledge when it comes to the processes behind many of our favorite cocktails. Thanks for sharing that memory (and the recipe!).

Tasheena
    May 9, 2018 at 6:30 pm

Thanks for sharing this recipe. I love cocktails with pineapple in them. Looking forward to trying this recipe.

Brandy
    May 9, 2018 at 7:06 pm

This sounds like a refreshing summertime drink to serve for an adult BBQ. I am going to have to try to make it and see what I think of this tequila.

Terri Steffes
    May 9, 2018 at 7:40 pm

We travel to Mexico a couple of times a year, and each time we attend a tequila tasting event. I will be sure to find this brand, as we are always searching for a great tequila.

Jeanine
    May 10, 2018 at 1:16 pm

Wow these photos are gorgeous. I would love to try this, I havent ever had any mango and pineapple together. Sounds delicious.

Glamamom
    May 10, 2018 at 5:14 pm

These photos are so stunning and this recipe sounds amazing. Just perfect for the spring weather and upcoming Memorial Day and graduation parties!

Carol Cassara
    May 11, 2018 at 1:29 am

I think this is great for entertaining guests especially this season! It sounds great and looks easy enough to mix! Thanks for the recipe.