Browsing slow cooker recipes? Try this creamy corn chowder with some fresh and healthy ingredients: corn, potato, celery, bell pepper and white onion. This is a lighter version of those “classic comfort food” corn chowder recipes. I skipped the heavy cream cheese and replaced it with 2% milk (you can also use whole milk for richer texture). Atop the soup is a healthier alternative, with all natural and nitrate free turkey bacon. Slow cooker recipes are so convenient, I just throw all of the ingredients into the pot and for the most part walk away. The short preparation time gives so much more time to my day.
Check out more slow cooker recipes from our page.
Slow Cooker Creamy Corn Chowder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red/orange bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, washed and diced
- 24 oz fresh corn kernels or frozen
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups milk (whole milk or reduced fat)
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- black pepper to taste
- turkey bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- (Optional) ⅛ teaspoon poultry seasoning (or use 1 teaspoon fresh thyme and 1 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- In a large saucepan over low-medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion, bell pepper, celery and potato. Cook and keep stirring until the vegetables start to soften and the onions are translucent. Remove from the heat and transfer into the crock pot.
- Add 12 oz of corn kernels, chicken broth, bay leaf, salt, black pepper into the crockpot.
- Using a blender, puree the remaining 12 oz of corn kernels and milk. Stir the mixture into the crockpot.
- Cook in low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 4-5 hours. Season with salt/pepper if needed, add/or the optional poultry seasoning.
- Serve with crispy cooked and crumbled turkey bacon.
Love your directions and photos so easy to understand.
I have never been a big fan of chowders, but this one looks quite tasty. I would actually like to try this one. Great recipe!
That Slow Cooker Creamy Corn Chowder looks so delicious! I have really been into slow cooker recipes lately and I can't wait to try this.
Slow cooker recipes are getting more and more popular and it's awesome because it makes cooking so convenient especially for busy weeks! I think this corn chowder sounds amazing! I must try it!