The best Broccoli salad aka Broccoli slaw recipe for a potluck or as a side dish for any meals. This Vegetarian Brocolli Salad is a light version of a classic Broccoli salad. It is made with vegan mayonnaise, unsweetened raisins, maple syrup, almond, red onion, and red wine vinegar.
A creamy and crunchy Broccoli salad that can be ready in less than 10 minutes. This Vegetarian Broccoli salad contains fresh broccoli and is seasoned with sweet and tangy mayo dressing.
How to Make Vegetarian Broccoli salad:
To make this vegetarian broccoli salad is so easy, there’s no cooking required. It has a very simple process, just toss in some fresh broccoli, add the mayo dressing and mix in with some toppings. No fuss! Serve this broccoli salad with MARINATED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM SANDWICH WITH GRILLED BELL PEPPER
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- It’s customizable! You can use more or less mayo dressing and toppings. It will turn out great every time.
- It has the perfect sweetness but is not overly sweet.
- It’s so creamy but not so much mayo in the dressing.
- There’s no sugar added! You are going to add sweetness to the dressing using maple syrup. Please keep in mind that most mayo products in the market contain sugar as one of the ingredients.
- Unsweetened raisins. Raisins are naturally high in sugar, making them a great addition to this salad.
- It’s a make ahead of time broccoli salad. I recommend storing this salad in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. You can make it in advance and store up to 2 days in the fridge before serving.
Blanch or Not Blanch?
For this recipe, I use fresh broccoli and skip blanching. If you prefer to blanch the broccoli, you can do this by cooking it for about 1-2 minutes, depending on how crunchy you want the broccoli. Just be sure to squeeze out the water before adding mayo dressing. Also, the fresh broccoli will hold texture better than the blanch one.
Feel free to use cashew instead of almonds, cranberries instead of raisins or real mayonnaise instead of vegan mayo. Please keep in mind that almost all dried cranberries have added sugar since they’re naturally a very tart fruit.
A Refreshing Broccoli Salad For Kids
If I offer up a big piece of broccoli to my kids they’ll almost surely say no. First of all broccoli pieces can be quite dry. This salad nips that problem in the bud with the mayo dressing In addition, they can be quite large and hard to fit in a little one’s mouth. Keep that in mind when prepping this salad as you may want to cut the broccoli pieces smaller for the youngins. Broccoli is one of the most healthy green veggies and this is a nice way to get kids and everyone else hopefully eating a bunch of it!
The best Broccoli salad recipe for a potluck or as a side dish for any meals. This Vegetarian Brocolli Salad is a light version of a classic Broccoli salad. It is made with vegan mayonnaise, unsweetened raisins, maple syrup, almond, red onion, and red wine vinegar.
- 1 pound fresh broccoli (cut into bite pieces)
- ⅓-½ cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Vegan Mayo
- 1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond (use more according to your liking)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened raisins (use more according to your liking)
- salt and pepper to taste
In a mixing bowl, combine vegan mayo, red wine vinegar, and maple syrup.
Add broccoli, red onion, almond and unsweetened raisins into the bowl. Toss to coat, season with salt and pepper if needed. Put in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.