This post is sponsored by Unilever. The opinions and text are all mine.
Tender roast beef served in a bun with melted cheese and flavorful au jus on the side! This French Dip sandwich makes the perfect lunch, dinner, or game-day meal! It’s warm and so comforting, always great for a crowd!
Easy French Dip Sandwich with Au Jus:
Today, I want to show you the easiest and quickest way to make a restaurant-quality French Dip Sandwich that can be ready in less than 30 minutes!
FRENCH DIP SANDWICH INGREDIENTS:
To make this quick and easy French Dip Sandwich, you will need the following ingredients:
· Roast Beef. You can use either leftover steak or roast beef, or just as tasty can be store-bought roast beef deli meat. Be sure to use good quality meat that you know will taste good.
· Bread. You can use pretty much any bread, such as French baguette or Hoagie rolls.
· Cheese. It’s optional. The French dip sandwich will taste good with or without the cheese. In this recipe, I used Swiss cheese, but Provolone would make a great choice too.
· Au Jus. To make delicious Au Jus, I used Knorr® Granulated Beef Bouillon, onion, celery, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and dry sherry.
HOW TO MAKE TASTY FRENCH DIP SANDWICH:
This French Dip Sandwich is a tasty meal with minimal preparation and cooking time. Since you’re going to use leftover meat or store-bought roast beef deli meat, there is no need to roast the beef from scratch. You will save a lot of time skipping this step and it won’t sacrifice the taste.
So, here’s how to make this French Dip Sandwich in easy steps:
- Make the homemade Au Jus.
- Reheat the roast beef meat in the Au Jus.
Reheat the sliced beef in the Au Jus. After that, assemble the sandwich by piling the meat into rolls, top with cheese (optional).
Bake the sandwiches in the preheated oven for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
HOW TO MAKE FRENCH DIP AU JUS:
This Au Jus recipe doesn’t require meat drippings but is still flavorful. The gravy’s depth of flavor comes from the Knorr® Granulated Beef Bouillon. It is a secret ingredient that I used to enhance the flavor of the sauce.
Knorr® Granulated Beef Bouillon dissolves quickly and really makes the sauce taste good as if it had taken hours to prepare!
So here’s how to make Au Jus:
1. Place onion, celery, water, Knorr® Granulated Beef Bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, low-sodium soy sauce, and dry sherry in the large saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat, simmer for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Remove the vegetables from the sauce right before serving.
HOW TO BUILD YOUR FRENCH DIP SANDWICH:
· Put some roast beef slices into the Au Jus and reheat for a few minutes.
· Using tongs, place the warm roast beef into rolls.
· Top with a slice of cheese then place the sandwich in the oven, bake for 3-4 minutes until the meat is warm and the cheese is melted.
You can pick up Knorr® Granulated Beef Bouillon at your local Vallarta Market and visit this page to learn more about the product. Also, don’t forget to enter the giveaway on Instagram for a chance to win a gift card.
My family has used Knorr® products for years. They are one of those classic food brands that my mom and grandma know by name, however, they are always relevant and popular.
That all boils down to flavor; flavor reigns supreme (amen)! The Knorr® Granulated Beef Bouillon is one of those things that I always have around. It really can transform a dish.
I wrote here that it’s a secret ingredient which is funny as I’m publishing this to the masses, but it’s true that a little of this not only adds great flavor, but it helps bring out the natural flavors.
The combination of Knorr® bouillon with onions and beef, in particular, is phenomenal, and if I have any of the Au Jus leftovers I’m always tempted to soak it up with another piece of bread!
Win a $250 Visa Gift Card Giveaway:
Visit my Instagram post by sharing your easy meal solution tip for a chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
The giveaway ends on 12/14/20 at 11:59 PM EDT. No purchase necessary. This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram. Open to United States residents only. Must be 18 years or older to enter. The winner will be contacted by DM. Prizes must be claimed within 24 hours.
Check Out More Delicious Recipes You Can Make with Knorr® bouillon:
- CREAMY RAVIOLI SOUP
- CREAMY MUSHROOM SOUP WITH NO CREAM
- INSTANT POT STUFFED PEPPER SOUP
- ALBONDIGAS SOUP (CALDO DE ALBÓNDIGAS)
- CREAMY TORTELLINI SOUP WITH KIELBASA AND SPINACH
QUICK FRENCH DIP SANDWICH
- 1½ pounds deli sliced roast beef
- 4 sandwich rolls, (hoagie or french baguette)
- 4 slices Swiss or Provologne cheese
For Homemade Au Jus:
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp Knorr® Granulated Beef Bouillon
- 2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp Wosterchire sauce
- ½ small yellow onion
- ½ stalk celery , (cut into 3 pieces)
- 2 tbsp dry sherry , (do not use cooking sherry) - Optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place all Au Jus ingredients in the large saucepan. Bring to a boil over moderate heat, then lower the heat, simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the sauce.
- Put the roast beef slices into the Au Jus and reheat for a few minutes.
- Arrange the meat on the rolls and top each roll with a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Bake the sandwiches in the preheated oven for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve with Au Jus.