This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Smithfield®. The opinions and text are all mine.
A delicious Ham and Cheese Pull-Apart Bread Casserole. This breakfast casserole recipe is perfect for brunch, a pot-luck, game day or a holiday gathering!
This Ham and Cheese Pull-Apart Bread Casserole is simple to make and is made with easy ingredients. It has the perfect golden crust on top and is buttery and moist inside. It’s the perfect comfort dish and is a one-pot meal that can feed a crowd.
HAM AND CHEESE PULL-APART BREAD CASSEROLE INGREDIENTS:
To make this fall-inspired, Ham and Cheese Pull-Apart Bread Casserole, you will need a good quality ham, eggs, biscuits, a small amount of butter, milk, green onion, and green bell pepper. The casserole uses a simple seasoning that is made of fresh rosemary, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. To cut down on the preparation and cooking time, we are going to use Smithfield® Anytime Favorites® Cubed Ham and store-bought biscuits.
Check Out More Brunch Recipes:
- DUTCH BABY PANCAKE WITH STRAWBERRY COMPOTE
- SAVORY CREPES WITH SAUSAGE, BACON AND ROASTED VEGETABLES
- BREAKFAST POTATOES SKILLET WITH KIELBASA SAUSAGE
Ham is the most versatile of meats. It is great all by itself, either hot or cold. It is also a fitting addition to many recipes from soups, pizzas, pasta, sandwiches and of course the casserole! Ham goes well with many other ingredients and is very easy to prepare.
For this recipe, I used Smithfield Anytime Favorites Cubed Ham that I purchased from the refrigerated meats section of my local Albertsons. It’s high in protein, incredible flavor and so versatile. Even better, it comes in resealable packaging for optimal freshness.
To be honest, I am pretty picky about pre-cooked meats. Using the right pre-cooked meats will make your recipe.
In my opinion, Smithfield Anytime Favorites Cubed Ham stands away from the crowd. You will notice the difference, and the taste blows me away. It has that taste that will just make your morning (I’ve used it in skillet recipes and in my breakfast burrito recipe and they were mouthwateringly good), and as shown here, it is great across the board with lunch and dinner recipes, too.
I like that the meat is not overly salty, which means I can still add extra seasoning or use other ingredients to build my own flavor profile.
I highly recommend trying Smithfield Anytime Favorites Cubed Ham because of the quality of the pork and flavor! It’s a must-have fridge essential so you can create delicious meals at any moment. Don’t forget to visit this coupon site to save $2 on any TWO (2) Smithfield Anytime Favorites products from 10/23/19 - 11/12/19.
While you’re at it, head over the Smithfield website, Facebook, and Instagram pages for more recipe inspiration!
Ham, egg, and cheese are the three main ingredients of this high protein breakfast casserole. Because I don’t want the casserole to be fully loaded with bread, I used 4 eggs per 16 ounces of biscuits.
Ham, cheese, and biscuits? Can’t get any better than that!
For this recipe, I decided to use store-bought (ready-to-bake) biscuits to cut down my preparation time.
Having a fresh breakfast meal is very important to my family. But at the same time, I prefer to spend less time standing up in the kitchen and preparing meals.
The biscuits are covered with the egg mixture and folded in with ham, veggies, and cheeses.
JUST LIKE MAMA USED TO MAKE:
In my book, those six words are about as big a compliment as a cook can receive. It seems like each of us has that comfort food deep in our memories and heart that transport us to a place and time that was so good.
For me and I think many others it’s oftentimes a Sunday morning meal where there’s not a care in the world; just a great tasting meal that fills you up, makes your kitchen smell good and has a taste that you’ll probably think of for the next day or two. My mom is a stellar cook and I’m always trying to make meals half as good as she did. She made a lot of pork dishes and for good reason, I still think it’s my favorite tasting meat. If I can ever evoke others to think of a great meal that they had when they were young, then I have fully reached my goal.
My mom is a stellar cook and I’m always trying to make meals half as good as she did. She made a lot of pork dishes and for good reason, I still think it’s my favorite tasting meat. If I can ever evoke others to think of a great meal that they had when they were young, then I have fully reached my goal.
Ham and Cheese Pull-Apart Bread Casserole
- 8 oz Smithfield Anytime Favorites Cubed Ham , (or use more ham according to your liking)
- 1 can pre-made flaky layers biscuit , (about 16 oz)
- 4 whole eggs, (extra-large)
- 8 tablespoon whole milk
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ cup freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ⅕ cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, (loosely packed)
- 1 clove fresh garlic, (minced)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Cook the Green Bell Pepper:
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and add diced green bell pepper. Cook until tender, set aside.
Whisk Egg and Milk:
- In a large bowl, beat egg and milk. Whisk until smooth.
Add the Seasoning:
- Add dijon mustard and the optional ingredients chopped fresh rosemary leaves, minced garlic, salt and pepper to the egg mixture. Stir until smooth. Set aside.
Cut the Biscuits:
- Cut each biscuit to 1-inch in length, then add them into the egg mixture and coat evenly.
Add the Remaining Ingredients:
- Add cubed ham, cooked bell pepper, green onion, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and mozzarella. Mix until well combined.
Bake the Casserole:
- Transfer the mixture into a greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Cook uncovered for about 35 minutes or until the bread is cooked through or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
This looks so delicious! I will have to make this for dinner one evening. I tend to love anything with cheese.
Diana @ Nanny to Mommy
I have never heard of this! This would be great for a hearty breakfast dish or even on a cold day for dinner. YUM!
This looks like a delicious recipe! I definitely want to make this sometime. Thanks for sharing.
I love a good pull-apart bread recipe. This ham and cheese dish brings me back to my childhood. Delicious!