Disclosure: In partnership with Al Fresco sausage. A quick skillet dinner you can make in less than 15 minutes. This sausage skillet is so easy to make and is so satisfying. It's full of delicious goodness: white beans, kale, tomatoes, and spices!
Sausage Skillet with White Beans and Kale
If you're looking for sausage skillet recipes, look no further. This skillet sausage can be ready on the table in no time! It's a hearty meal that is loaded with good amounts of protein and healthy carbs, all in one pot!
Try this easy and healthy dinner recipe featuring Al Fresco Rotisserie-Style Chicken Sausage.
Skip the take out food! I am going to show you how to make a quick dinner recipe that tastes delicious and has great amounts of nutrition, including the white beans that I know many people want more of in their diets.
Quick Sausage Skillet:
This skillet sausage with white beans is made from basic pantry ingredients. It is cooked on a stove that needs just 10 to 15 minutes of cooking time, depending on how fast you burst the tomatoes :).
Why You'll Love this Sausage Skillet with White Beans and Kale:
- It’s a quick and easy weeknight meal. This recipe is not only easy to make but is also easy to clean up!
- It's made from easy and real ingredients.
- The sauce has a creamy texture to it and fortunately, there is no additional flour or thickening agent needed.
- It's a family-friendly recipe. There is no reason why your kids wouldn't love this recipe (my kids sure did)!
Sausage Skillet and White Beans Ingredients:
This skillet contains healthy and time-saving ingredients, such as fully-cooked chicken sausage, fresh cherry tomatoes, canned white beans (cannellini beans), kale, and is seasoned with thyme, garlic, and basil.
In this recipe, I used Al Fresco Rotisserie-Style Chicken Sausage. I chose al fresco dinner sausage because it has been fully-cooked, which makes it the perfect addition to any last-minute meal. It’s versatile to enhance recipes from salads, soups, pasta and more. Al Fresco dinner sausage is gluten-free and the chicken is raised without antibiotic.
Feel free to use any sausages of your choice, such as smoked sausages, Italian sausages, Kielbasa, vegan sausages (or plant-based sausages), etc.
With al fresco dinner sausage, I can create healthy meals without spending a lot of time in the kitchen. A good tasting chicken sausage is a staple ingredient for so many recipes. This one has a stellar flavor too, juicy sausage with just the right amount of seasoning.
You can learn more about Al Fresco sausage here:
Check out more skillet recipes here:
- SKILLET FRIED CORN – BUTTERY!
- BREAKFAST POTATOES SKILLET WITH KIELBASA SAUSAGE
- SAUSAGE BREAKFAST SKILLET WITH POTATOES AND VEGETABLES
- SKILLET CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
- HEARTY VEGETARIAN SKILLET WITH KALE AND GARBANZO BEANS
I used Lacinato kale as one of the main ingredients. If you are not a big fan of kale, feel free to use any other green vegetables, such as; broccolini or spinach.
Canned White Beans:
To make a heartier meal, I added some white beans or cannellini beans. I highly recommend using canned beans to speed up your cooking time. Just be sure to rinse the beans under cold water before adding them into the skillet.
I have had a lot of people approach me and say they want more recipes with beans, as people find it tough to bring into their diets. Skillets are a great way to do that, as they also add a nice flavor and consistency that meat and veggies don’t have.
Other Ingredients and seasoning:
This skillet sausage has a very light sauce that is made from fresh cherry tomatoes. Tomatoes have a rich flavor and high water content. The soft flesh makes tomatoes break down easily and quickly turn into a sauce when they are cooked.
In this recipe, I used about 16 ounces of cherry tomatoes, but only burst some of them to keep the sauce from getting to be too acidic. Then I seasoned with thyme, basil and finish up with unsalted butter. As a result, you will have a creamy sauce texture from the white beans and butter.
Sausage Skillet with White Beans and Kale
- 12 oz sausage, (cut into ¼-inch slices) I used Al Fresco Rotisserie-Style Chicken Sausage
- 1 pound fresh cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, (minced)
- 1½ cans (15 oz each can) cannellini beans or white beans , (rinsed and drained)
- ½ teaspoon salt, (add more according to your liking)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, (add more according to your liking)
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme, (add more according to your liking)
- ½ teaspoon dried basil , (add more according to your liking)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups torn kale leaves
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ cup broth , (if needed)
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausages, cook and keep stirring for 1 minute.
- Add cherry tomatoes, garlic, thyme, basil, salt and pepper, cook and stir to combine (for about 2 minutes). Start bursting some of the tomatoes with the back of the wooden spoon or spatula. You want to do this because it gives a nice acidic taste, but keep enough of the whole as it’s nice to bite into them (and have that pop!), and also to keep the acidic level right.
- Add white beans, stir to coat for about 1 minute. optional: add ¼ cup of broth if the mixture is too dry.
- Add kale, covered and keep cooking until the kale is wilted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter until melted. Serve and enjoy!
This Skillet Sausage with White Beans and Kale is making me super hungry and I really want to have this right now!
That is my kind of dish...healthy and delicious. I actually cooked chicken sausage last week but I used different kinds of veggies. Will try your recipe soon.
Victoria @ Giveaways 4 Mom
This looks delicious. However, I am really intrigued by that sausage. I have to check their site to see if it's in a store near me.
This recipe looks amazing. I'm always up for trying out new recipes, and I can't wait to try this one. I do love making skillet recipes too. I love how colorful this recipe is as well. I always try to go with more color.
I pinned this! I actually have some turkey sausage in the fridge I wasn't sure what to do with and now I know. I love Kale too but never know what to do with it.
I love a hearty sausage based dish. The kale and colors in this dish make it look and taste so flavorful and healthy.
We love anything with sausage and this looks delicious! I am always on the lookout for new recipes. Thanks for sharing!
Although I;m not a fan of kale, I will say that this combination of flavors does sound tempting
I will definitely enjoy this i love the colorful veggies on it with sausage. Looks a healthy meal that i can eat without being guilty for the carbs