This smoothie recipe is packed with antioxidants, anti-inflammatory ingredients and other nutrients. If you have heard about the health benefits of dark chocolate, you may want to start consuming the cacao nibs which I sprinkled on top of this smoothie. Cacao nibs are cacao beans that have been roasted, separated from their husks, and broken into smaller pieces. When you snack on Cacao nibs, you will consume about nine grams of fiber per ounce, and they contain no sugar when eaten raw.
As always, I can’t start my day without the other super foods : Hemp seeds (Nutiva), Flax seeds, Chia seeds (Nutiva) and Goji Berries. I am currently out of Flax seeds and Goji Berries, but I usually purchase them online from Amazon.com. These seeds deliver as much protein as some nuts, and also deliver heart-healthy alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) and the plant-based omega-3 fat.
Hope you enjoy this recipe and please add / remove fruit according to your taste.
- 3 Cups of Fresh Curly Kale
- 1 Whole Fresh Banana
- 1 1/2 cup of Pineapple
- 1 Cup of Almond Milk
- 1 Cup of Greek Yogurt
- Organic Hemp Seeds
- Organic Chia Seeds
- Organic Cacao Nibs
- Coconut Flakes unsweetened
- Organic Cocoa Powder unsweetened
- Cinnamon Stick
- Blend Kale, Banana, Pineapple, Almond Milk, Greek Yogurt until smooth and creamy
- Pour into bowl and top with super foods : Hemp Seeds, Chia Seeds, Cacao Nibs, Cocoa Powder, Coconut Flakes and stir with Cinnamon Sticks.