The Cliffs Resort – Pismo Beach (Hotel Review)

The Cliffs Resort Pismo Beach Hotels

The Cliffs Resort – Pismo Beach (Hotel Review)

The Cliffs Resort provided us with a hotel and spa experience that was absolutely dreamy.  We were journeying up scenic and historic Highway 101 and Highway 1 from Los Angeles to San Francisco, and wanted to stay at the halfway mark near San Luis Obispo and Pismo Beach.  With amazing wineries, Hearst Castle, and a fabulous coastline there’s so much to do in the area, but we ended up spending much of our time right at our hotel.  With pristine accommodations and unworldly views, The Cliffs Resort is a destination in and of itself.  Below are some highlights of our stay.

the cliffs resort pismo beach

the cliffs resort pismo beach

The Cliffs Resort Location

I stated that the hotel is the perfect stopping point between SF and LA, but forgot to mention that the hotel nests up against the cliffs of the Pacific Ocean.  Like so many rooms at the hotel ours had panoramic views of the big blue (other rooms have great mountain views) .  We kept our windows open at night and enjoyed the sounds of waves crashing in.  I have apps on my phone with ocean sounds to fall asleep to and oh-my, the real thing is so much better!  It was just a few minutes to drive into the heart of Pismo beach where we walked the pier and had some amazing seafood.

the cliffs resort pismo beach

The Cliffs Resort Room

Our room looked like it was cut out of a page of Architectural Digest, with every piece of furniture and accent giving a feel of modern comfort with an artistic edge.  The suite we stayed in was large with a posh, free standing Jacuzzi next to the bed that gives off a huge wow-factor.  It is perfect for a romantic getaway, although our kids were with us on this trip and spent as much time in the Jacuzzi as us adults.  I liked all of the little unique touches around the room like the vintage look of the Tivoli Audio sound system, and the ocean and gold coast themed art that’s also on display in the rest of the hotel.  We enjoyed a night-in with the large HD flatscreen, cozy bed and a bottle of Vina Robles Red4.  We also spent a lot of time on our  patio that overlooked The Cliffs own bluff and beach.

The Cliffs Resort Pismo Beach Hotels

the cliffs resort pismo beach

the cliffs resort pismo beach

The Cliffs Resort Pismo Beach Hotels

The Cliffs Resort Spa

With the resort being so relaxing and beautiful we found ourselves throwing out our itinerary and just going on cruise-control for a couple of days.  Fitting with this mind-frame was some pampering at the DiaFeliz Spa.  The spa was so tranquil, I was swept away during my facial and lounged around afterwards in their soothing sauna.  From the fountains to the scents to the décor and colors I was completely transported.  The friendly and qualified staff made it all the more enjoyable

the cliffs resort pismo beach

The Cliffs Resort Pool

Taking full advantage of their location the hotel wisely placed their heated pool outside, overlooking the ocean.  There was plenty of room on the deck to soak up the sun.  Adjacent to the pool area were grounds that overlooked the cliffs, with some rooms having direct access to this area.  A wedding was taking place there the day we left, I can’t think of a more special place for such an occasion.  Our kids got a real kick out of the grounds around the pool, from hedges sculpted in the shape of a dolphin to the “selfie spot” marking.

the cliffs resort pismo beach

the-cliffs-resort-pismo-beach-pool-2

the cliffs resort pismo beach

the cliffs resort pismo beach

Other notables from our hotel review on The Cliffs Resort – Pismo Beach:

–          The staff was extremely helpful, especially the front-desk staff.

–          We loved the lobby’s fireplace and lounge area with eye-catching art and huge windows overlooking the ocean.

–          The Marisol at The Cliffs was perfect for a nightcap as it had a lively atmosphere with indoor / outdoor seating.  We just grabbed a drink this time around but their menu looks quite good.

I will definitely be back to The Cliffs very soon. We merely scratched the surface on things to do in San Luis Obispo County and can’t imagine a better place to stay.

The Cliffs Resort – Pismo Beach

2757 Shell Beach Rd, Pismo Beach, CA 93449

• Reply Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle Nov 11, 2016 at 12:12 pm

My family and I need to stay there for a solid week. It’s so beautiful there.

• Reply Paula Schuck Nov 11, 2016 at 12:13 pm

The Cliffs looks amazing! I love how posh it is and yet laid back, so you don’t have to worry about anything. It’s just perfect.

• Reply Gwendolyn Mulholland Nov 11, 2016 at 2:26 pm

This looks like an amazing place to vacation at. I would love to stay there even for a few nights.

• Reply Nicole Haas Etolen Nov 11, 2016 at 8:10 pm

Wow! It’s so nice to have in there. I love the gym spot and the pool as well.

• Reply OurFamilyWorld Nov 11, 2016 at 9:48 pm

The place looks amazing. I love that they have a gym. The pool looks so inviting.

• Reply Doria Nov 12, 2016 at 10:46 am

Oh my goodness, the views alone would have sold me! It looks like such an amazing stay. OMG selfie spots, too funny!

• Reply Denise Nov 12, 2016 at 12:55 pm

This looks like a great place with the weather turning cooler it makes me want to visit.

• Reply Kerri (@KerriOlkjer) Nov 12, 2016 at 2:37 pm

Gorgeous! I’ve always wanted to travel to that area. This resort looks perfect.

• Reply Ricci Nov 13, 2016 at 6:01 am

I have never been to Pizmo Beach but this looks like the place to stay if I ever go. Great pics!!

• Reply Heather | All Roads Lead to the Kitchen Nov 13, 2016 at 8:27 am

It’s gotten pretty darn cold here over the past week or so, and this looks like the perfect spot for a little escape. Beautiful resort!

• Reply uprunforlife Nov 13, 2016 at 8:50 am

That is a beautiful resort. I love the view that you had from your room.

• Reply brandyellen Nov 13, 2016 at 9:59 am

The Cliffs Resort looks super tempting as I sit here in New Hampshire, being cold 😉 I love the beauty, all the things to do and what you get when you stay at this resort. Thanks for sharing your experiences here!

• Reply Shannon Graham Nov 13, 2016 at 10:34 am

Wow, what a perfect spot. Not to mention the view and the beautiful room too!

• Reply Libertad Green Nov 13, 2016 at 11:04 am

Wow, this place look really nice! I never made it up to SLO, but I would love to check this place out when I make it make to southern California one day. I heard that area was really nice, and the weather sounded like it was perfect pretty much all year around.

• Reply Lori Felix Nov 13, 2016 at 1:07 pm

The Cliffs Resort is an amazing place. My husband and I stayed there recently and we had a great time. Will definitely be going back.

• Reply Bonnie Gowen Nov 13, 2016 at 5:10 pm

I would love to have a getaway. What a great place to go, looks like a great place to stay.

• Reply Heather Nov 13, 2016 at 6:05 pm

It looks amazing! I love all that bathroom space, it has a true resort feeling! I bet the view of the ocean is awesome from there!

• Reply Ann Bacciaglia Nov 13, 2016 at 8:10 pm

I love the look of this resort. I would love to spend a week relaxing by the pool. The view is beautiful.

• Reply terry Nov 13, 2016 at 8:52 pm

Wow. This seems like a really great place to be right now. Especially considering how cold it is here right now.

• Reply Stephanie Pass Nov 13, 2016 at 9:04 pm

Oh wow, this place looks amazing! I would love to visit a place like this right now.

• Reply Chubskulit Rose Nov 14, 2016 at 4:51 am

What a view! The place you guys stayed at looks very luxurious! I wish I could be on vacation right now.

• Reply TravellingBookJunkie (@t_bookjunkie) Nov 14, 2016 at 4:56 am

This looks like a great place to stay and that bed looks super comfy!!! I have never visited this part of the world but if I do I will bear this place in mind.

• Reply Angela Harris Nov 14, 2016 at 6:21 am

This place surly does look amazing! I love to outdated look in the rooms. That chair tho!

• Reply Lynndee Nov 14, 2016 at 8:36 am

Wow! That is one gorgeous resort! And that bedroom is to die for! I would love to have a vacay there…right now! Wishful thinking!

• Reply coolchillmom Nov 14, 2016 at 9:26 am

The room is amazing! So many cool details around the entire hotel. Seems like a fantastic location to call home in Los Angeles

• Reply Monica Y Nov 15, 2016 at 8:06 am

This is not too far from me, Need to head up that way and check them out. Looks beautiful

• Reply Marielle Altenor Nov 15, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Now this is one beautiful resort. Everything is so luxurious, like something from a magazine.

• Reply Kat Balog Nov 17, 2016 at 4:02 pm

Those pictures are great! It looks like a great vacation spot to me.

• Reply Ari Jan 14, 2017 at 4:48 pm

This getaway looks amazing! I hope you felt so refreshed and relaxed after!