Healthy Brussel Sprouts Salad with Shallot Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe. Shaved Brussels sprouts recipe salad with kale, pomegranate and pecans to boost the nutrition a bit. I top the salad with a shallot vinaigrette dressing that is so refreshing, fresh and tangy. It's the perfect salad dressing for just about any vegetable, especially greens like these Brussels sprouts. Brussels sprouts are a good source of Vitamin C, folate, fiber, antioxidants, protein, iron and potassium. Pretty impressive for boosting your overall health. Also check out another delicious Brussel Sprouts recipe.
This brussel sprouts salad is absolutely packed with nutrients that will do wonders for your skin, too. When people think of the benefits of foods they often think about the heart, digestive system, muscles bones and other internal organs, but not their skin. I oftentimes do the same, it’s only natural. Similarly if you ask someone how well they treat their skin they’ll likely only think of sunblock, moisturizers and other creams. Be mindful that the food you eat is very much correlated to the healthiness for all parts of your body, inside and out. Tomatoes, nuts and salmon are foods that do wonders for the whole body, including the skin. Some foods that benefit the skin may however surprise you, like chocolate.
Brussel Sprouts Salad with Kale and Pomegranate
For salad dressing:
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ fresh lemon, juiced (add more according to your liking)
- ½ teaspoon honey, (add more according to your liking)
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ shallots, chopped
- salt/pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shaved brussel sprouts
- 2 cups chopped kale
- ½ apple
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- unsalted pecans
- optional parmesan cheese
- fresh mint leaves
To make salad dressing:
- Mix lemon, honey, white wine vinegar, mustard and shallots in a small bowl. Slowly add olive oil and keep stirring until well blended. Season with salt/pepper to taste.
To make and serve salad:
- Prepare the shaved Brussels Sprouts, Kale, Apple, Pomegranate and Pecan in a mixing salad bowl. Add generous amount of salad dressing. Serve immediately.
- Optional : Grated Parmesan cheese and fresh mint leaves upon serving
My Teen Guide
It's really perfect to my 21 days diet! I wanna try it this weekend. Bookmarked your recipe.
Tami @ ThisMomsDelight
We don't eat brussel sprouts very often. Gonna have to give this one a taste test.
Brussels Sprouts have always been one food I've not been able to eat. I just don't like the taste. Maybe shredding it up and mixing with other stuff might be the answer.
This salad looks incredible! Definitely going to save this recipe and make this for some of our summer cookouts. Thanks!
I can never find a way to enjoy kale, but I bet tossed in this dressing it would be awesome. Looks healthy and perfect for a spring lunch!
I don't eat brussell sprouts nor kale but this looks so pretty! I'm sure it tastes great!