If you are looking for a quick lunch recipe to make then give this egg salad a try. This egg salad is both easy and affordable to make. It is a simple dish that is loaded with flavor. You can serve it as a party appetizer for a crowd or a side dish for your BBQ.
This egg salad is packed with protein and deliciousness. It's low carb and keto-friendly. Skip the deli and pack your own lunch today.
Easy Egg Salad Recipe
The whole dish can be ready in 30 minutes or less if you are opt-in for pre-boiled eggs. You can turn this egg salad into an egg salad sandwich for an easy lunch or serve with a bed of greens if you are on a keto diet.
The Ingredients for Egg Salad
To make this egg salad you'll need whole eggs, mayo, mustard, paprika, chives, sweet pickled, and diced celery.
Hard-Boiled Eggs. As mentioned you can make hard-boiled eggs from scratch or buy them from the store, either way, is fine.
Mustard. In this recipe, I used about a tablespoon of grain dijon mustard. You can also use yellow mustard as a replacement ingredient.
Chives. If you don't have chives on hand, feel free to use green onion.
Paprika. It's an optional ingredient. You can still make a good egg salad without it.
How to Make Egg Salad
Step 1. Make the Hard-Boiled Eggs
Making your own hard-boiled eggs is actually pretty easy. It can be done on the stove or in an air fryer. Here's the step-by-step tutorial to make hard-boiled eggs.
Step 2. Make the Creamy Vinaigrette
In a large bowl, combine mayo with dijon mustard, sweet relish, diced celery, and chives.
Step 3. Add the Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Chop the hard-boiled eggs and add them to the bowl.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold to combine.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt, black pepper, dijon mustard, or sweet relish.
FAQ and Cooking Tips
Transfer the leftover egg salad as soon as possible to an air airtight container. Properly stored, the leftover can last 3-5 days in the fridge. Egg salad should be thrown away if left out for more than 2 hours at room temperature.
Yes, you can but it's not recommended because the ingredients in the mayonnaise separate during the freezing process.
Check Out More Tasty Recipes:
Easy Egg Salad Recipe
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, (cooled and chopped)
- 6 tablespoon mayonaisse
- 2 tablespoon sweet relish, (drained)
- 3 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoon chopped chives or green onions
- salt, (to taste)
- black pepper, (to taste)
- fresh dill , (to serve)
- In a large bowl, combine mayo with dijon mustard, sweet relish, paprika, diced celery, and chives.
- Add chopped eggs into the bowl. Using a rubber spatula, toss to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt, black pepper, dijon mustard, or sweet relish.