This roasted yellow squash with parmesan cheese and herbs recipe is the perfect flavorful side dish that can be ready in less than 30 minutes. It’s aromatic and has a deep flavor.
This roasted yellow squash with parmesan cheese is a low carb version of SUMMER SQUASH CASSEROLE – CHEESY AND HEALTHY recipe. To make this low carb squash recipe, we are going to skip the breadcrumbs.
Roasted Yellow Squash with Parmesan Cheese and Herbs Ingredients:
The roasted squash is so tender and flavored with the simple seasoning you can find in your pantry: Italian herbs seasoning, garlic, and cayenne pepper. This is an easy squash recipe that you are going to love.
To make this roasted summer squash, you need the following ingredients: yellow squash, parmesan cheese, olive oil, Italian herbs, cayenne pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper.
The Nutritional Value of Yellow Squash:
Yellow squash is high in vitamins A, B6, and C, folate, magnesium, fiber, riboflavin, phosphorus, and potassium. It is also rich in manganese. Manganese is a useful mineral to help the body’s ability to process fats and carbohydrates. Summer squashes are non-starchy vegetables and are low in carbohydrate, making them acceptable for some Keto-dieters.
Check out more low carb recipes:
- KETO COBB SALAD WITH HOMEMADE RANCH DRESSING
- EASY KETO CREAMED SPINACH – SO CHEESY!
- KOREAN SPINACH SALAD RECIPE (SIGUEMCHI NAMUL)
Squash: a Go-To Vegetable
If you asked me ten years back which vegetables I had most I probably would have said lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and carrots. I still eat a lot of those but now consume as much squash and zucchini as much as other vegetables. They’re tasty on their own or in a salad and are especially great in a hot dish. When cooked just right they both have a nice mix of both firm and soft and are juicy to bite into. I hope to add a lot more squash recipes to the site, they never let me down!
ROASTED YELLOW SQUASH WITH PARMESAN CHEESE AND HERBS
- 7 cups thick-sliced yellow squash (about 1/4 inch to 1 cm in thickness) (from 6-7 medium-size yellow squash)
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp Italian herb seasoning
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper (OPTIONAL)
- Preheat oven to 450° F
- Trim the stem end of the squash and cut them into round slices with equal thickness so they cook evenly. Use paper towels to absorb some excess water from the yellow squash to prevent a mushy texture after cooking.
- Transfer to a large bowl, and season with oil, Italian herbs, cayenne pepper, parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a shallow baking dish. Cook, uncovered, for about 20-25 minutes.