A delicious fluffy blueberry pancakes recipe that can be ready in less than 30 minutes. It's so filling, perfect for breakfast or any time of the day! It has the perfect sweetness and can be served by itself or with maple syrup, yum!
In this recipe, you will learn how to make the fluffiest blueberry pancakes from scratch. A complete step-by-step pancake tutorial on a recipe that may soon become your favorite breakfast food! It's easy to make breakfast that is crowd-pleasing and scrumptious!
This fluffy blueberry pancake recipe is my take on the classic pancake. It uses the summer fruit blueberries which adds a really nice flavor. The pancakes are fluffy, tender, and stackable!
The griddle cake is so light and fluffy, and has the perfect texture and taste! They turn out perfect every time! Never buy pancake mix again!
Now, let's talk about the ingredients.
Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes Ingredients:
These blueberry pancakes are made with simple basic pantry ingredients and loaded with blueberries which are one of the most popular of summer fruits.
To make these hotcakes, you will need the following ingredients: all-purpose flour (can be substituted with gluten-free flour), melted butter, eggs, milk, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract.
The salt and sugar play an important part as a flavor enhancer so your pancakes will not come out bland.
In this recipe, I used 2 tablespoons of sugar. I think that is a pretty good amount of sugar because most people usually serve pancakes with Maple syrup, so I don’t feel a need to add more. The blueberries will also boost the sweetness of the pancakes. However, if you are not a big fan of maple syrup feel free to add more sugar according to your liking.
Blueberries are low in calories and an antioxidant-rich fruit that may provide several health benefits. I absolutely love them!
I highly recommend using fresh blueberries because they are in season now. If you only have frozen blueberries on hand, feel free to use those too. Just be sure to thaw the frozen blueberries and drain to remove any liquid before adding them to your pancakes.
Check Out More Tasty Recipes:
- CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD
- PANNA COTTA WITH FRUITY PEBBLES
- SOUTHERN PEACH COBBLER RECIPE
- DUTCH BABY PANCAKE WITH STRAWBERRY COMPOTE
How to Make the Fluffiest Blueberry Pancakes:
Here are the most important things to know if you want to make fluffier pancakes:
- Use baking powder as one of the ingredients.
- Do not overmix the batter. Some lumps are okay!
- Let the batter rest for 15 minutes before cooking.
- Do not make the batter too far in advance. If you want to make the blueberries pancakes in a big batch, just cook the batter ahead of time, then freeze the cooked pancakes and simply reheat whenever you want to eat them.
Also, please note that berries can easily burn against the heat of the pan as you cook your pancakes. For this reason, I highly recommend adding the berries after you first pour the batter in the pan instead of folding them in the batter.
You can cook these pancakes in the griddle or a wide heavy-bottomed skillet pan.
My kids went crazy for this recipe, they thought the pancakes were much better than even the ones we’ve enjoyed out at restaurants or hotels. I think that’s all due to how fluffy they come out, which really does improve the taste, too.
The taste of the juicy blueberries definitely doesn’t hurt, either! I may be biased but I really do enjoy fluffy pancakes more than those that you’ll find most everywhere else. Please give these a try!
Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup butter, (melted and cooled down to just above room temperature)
- ¾-1 cup fresh blueberries, (or more as needed)
- clarified butter or vegetable oil/spray, (as needed)
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract for about 3 minutes until foamy. Stir in the melted butter just until it combines.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Stir the dry and wet ingredients until just incorporated together (some lumps are okay).Set aside and allow to rest for 15 minutes. The batter will thicken a bit as it stands. If you find the batter is too thick, just add about 1 tablespoon of extra milk into the batter at a time until reaching the desired consistency.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. When it's hot enough, drop about ¼ cup full of batter onto the pan. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon or more blueberries atop of each pancake.Flip the pancake when you see the bubbles pop and form holes that stay open on the surface of the pancake.
- Serve with maple syrup. Enjoy!
Fluffy blueberry pancakes are the absolute best! These came out perfect! Will make again!
I am glad that you liked it!
These fluffy pancakes absolutely looking amazing and tempting. Came out so well, another lovely addition to my daughter's breakfast items. She loves pancakes.
Is there anything yummier than homemade blueberry pancakes for breakfast? We really enjoyed these and will certainly be making them again. They were so good!
These Pancakes really do live up to their name----fluffy! I love how simple this recipe is! Such the perfect breakfast recipe for the entire family!
I love pancakes and your recipe was perfect to get fluffy pancakes. It was delicious thank you 🙂