Amazing Fresh Peach Cobbler Recipe! This Southern peach cobbler consists of summer fruit with a peach filling poured into a delicious cookie-dough like batter that you can make from scratch. This is the best old-fashioned Peach Cobbler you'll ever taste!
Are you looking for summer dessert recipes? Check out this southern-inspired dessert of a fresh Peach Cobbler recipe! This Southern Peach cobbler recipe is made with fresh peach and topped with the homemade batter. The peach cobbler crumble has a great texture, not too crispy but also not too soggy.
One of the best things about summer is that we're in peach season. Summer is just the perfect time for making recipes that showcase the sweet and juicy peaches. You really have to try this Southern Peach Cobbler as it's so easy to make and packed with flavor!
Why You'll love this Southern Peach Cobbler recipe:
- It's easy and quick! Even those without baking skill can make this!
- It can be served cold or warm with ice cream.
- It's an affordable recipe but will always stand out! You can wow your guests or those at a potluck or summer picnic.
- It has the perfect texture with creamy and crunchy in a single bite. The batter or topping tastes like a cookie-dough with gooey texture.
- When peaches are not in season, you can easily substitute the peach slices for your favorite seasonal fruit
How to Make Old-Fashioned Peach Cobbler Recipe:
This cobbler is unbelievably easy to make. There are four important steps:
- You need to slice the peaches and season with sugar and a small amount of lemon juice. I like to slice the peach into medium-sized pieces (about 1 cm). That way the sliced peaches will hold texture better even after baking.
- You need to cook the sliced peaches in the oven for 10 minutes to soften them up a bit.
- Make the batter.
- Lastly, it's time to cook the peach and batter together in the oven for 30 minutes.
Southern Peach Cobbler Recipe
- 6 large yellow peaches, (chopped, about 7 cups)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup white sugar
For Topping (or Batter)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, (melted)
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp warm milk
To cook Peaches:
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut the peach into small pieces but not too thin (about 1 cm). Transfer into a large bowl and season with sugar and lemon juice. Place the peach mixture into a large baking dish and cook for 10 minutes.
To make Batter:
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Blend in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal, add milk until combined.
To Cook the Cobbler:
- Remove peaches from the oven. Use a cookie dough spoon or regular spoon to scoop out a small amount of batter to spread over the peaches. Perfection is not needed during this process because the topping will spread as it bakes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 375°F
- Bake the peach cobbler for about 30 minutes or until topping is golden.
- Enjoy warm or cold with ice cream.